Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Tactical Swift Belt

A few thoughts about the Swift CSM belt, now that I've had some time with it.

1. This may be the best AIWB gunbelt I've owned. It's thin, yet stiff enough to hold a full size gun without sagging or having to be uncomfortably tight.

2. The gun can't go on the buckle side of the belt without sagging, because the stiff part of the belt ends well shy of the buckle.

3. It would be better if the loop side of the belt had the stiffener all the way to the loop, with no gap at all.

4. A no-velcro version would be nice, for people who want to fold the free end under the belt instead of on top.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Even if/when you run the tail on the inside having the velcro on the outside allows you to attach an elastic shell card to your belt when you're doing shotgun work.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

1. This may be the best AIWB gunbelt I've owned. It's thin, yet stiff enough to hold a full size gun without sagging or having to be uncomfortably tight.

2. The gun can't go on the buckle side of the belt without sagging, because the stiff part of the belt ends well shy of the buckle.

3. It would be better if the loop side of the belt had the stiffener all the way to the loop, with no gap at all.

4. A no-velcro version would be nice, for people who want to fold the free end under the belt instead of on top.
    To you point #2 - could this be mitigated by ordering a different/larger size? Or would that mean the hook side of the velcro would be way past the loop side on the smaller waist?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    To you point #2 - could this be mitigated by ordering a different/larger size? Or would that mean the hook side of the velcro would be way past the loop side on the smaller waist?
    Probably not a viable solution. If you had a smaller belt, where you tightened it all the way to the velcro, that would help (but not ideal for adjustment). But there's also about 2" where the loop velcro lacks the polymer insert.

I guess the belt is designed to support the gun on the non-velcro side?

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I will inquire on 3 & 4.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    I will inquire on 3 & 4.
    Looking at the manufacture, I'm guessing they don't like sewing through the polymer insert. But, apparently their machine can do it because there's stitching down the middle.

Noticed yesterday when I got home from town, that at some point the "loop" that connects the buckle and belt together had somehow slipped over the projection that retains the belt loop inside the buckle, and ridden down partially. Not sure how that might have happened.

I'll keep an eye out to see if it happens again, but it didn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

I wear the belt snug...with no slack in the system.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Wilderness Swift with tail inside and elastic shell card attached.

I like multipurpose gear!

Name:  IMG_3810.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  94.7 KB
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Paul,

What's the adjustment and size retention like with the setup as you have it?
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Some thoughts about the 3-stitch:

I don't have any other Wilderness belts to compare it to. My other two "appendix-optimized" belts are both Graith (now Mastermind); one is from before they updated the belt to have a stiffer tail, and one is after. The three-stitch has noticeably less horizontal rigidity than either of them. I'm not totally sure how to measure vertical rigidity but they feel similar? I guess?

It carries a PX4C great. I might want more rigidity if I carried a heavier gun, or if I carried a whole bunch of junk on my belt, but I really like the flexibility for my purposes. I can add some tension without feeling too much pressure from a stiffer belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    I like the 5-stitch as the best balance. I feel many could use the 3-stitch too and I have not touched the CSM lined one. The 5-stitch is my gold standard belt to suggest for something I know will work no matter who buys it. One thing people negate when discussing belts is their waist size, fluffiness, and how tight they wear things. Someone with a lean 30" waist will have vastly different needs than a muscular 38" waist than a fluffy 38" waist. Generally the larger the waist, the more stiffness one can get away with and still have all of the AIWB features function well. As the waist narrows, the need for flexibility increases.
    This describes me.

User Tag List