Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Tactical Swift Belt

The Zero is not a gunbelt. It's no stiffer than any belt you can buy for the purposes of keeping your pants up.

Comparing the Wilderness 5-stitch to the newer CSM is interesting. I don't have a new 5-stitch, but if it hasn't changed in the last decade, the CSM is not thicker and not stiffer--except vertically.

The Aegis is a good example of stiff SCUBA webbing. The CSM is much more flexible in conforming to the body. As well, SCUBA webbing gets softer with use, and that can either be good (if the belt was too stiff when new), or bad. A friend was just complaining that his Carbon Tactics belt was "wearing out" and becoming too floppy. My polymer lined San Mai has a ton of wear cosmetically, but hasn't changed in stiffness.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    It does, thank you. The zero is my favorite belt so far, but I need to tighten it more than I really like to when holding up anything much heavier than a Glock 19.

Also, how thin it is seems to let holsters with close set clips (like the DSG Orion or tenicor certum3) tilt fore and aft more than thicker belts.
    Yeah, that's a pet peeve of mine as well...and you can add the JMCK WC 2.5 in there "if" you use the DCC clips. I removed them, use the wide holes with fixed loops and bought a WC 2.0 for the wider spaced DCCs.

Interestingly enough, Tom's budget "Apollo" works well with DCC clips, (I had a couple spares), and they are set wide enough to make a difference compared to my Orions. So, that's something to bear in mind for future reference. I don't know if it comes in other than G19 size though...as that's the one I have.

Glad I could be of some help.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yeah, that's a pet peeve of mine as well...and you can add the JMCK WC 2.5 in there "if" you use the DCC clips. I removed them, use the wide holes with fixed loops and bought a WC 2.0 for the wider spaced DCCs.

Interestingly enough, Tom's budget "Apollo" works well with DCC clips, (I had a couple spares), and they are set wide enough to make a difference compared to my Orions. So, that's something to bear in mind for future reference. I don't know if it comes in other than G19 size though...as that's the one I have.

Glad I could be of some help.
    As far as I know, the Apollo maxes out at g19 size. The much anticipated Orion 2.0 will also have wide clip spacing though.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hstanton1 View Post
    As far as I know, the Apollo maxes out at g19 size. The much anticipated Orion 2.0 will also have wide clip spacing though.
    I hadn't seen anything about a 2.0, I just figured Tom dropped it to go all in on the cheaper holster.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I hadn't seen anything about a 2.0, I just figured Tom dropped it to go all in on the cheaper holster.
    If you’re on instagram, Cecil Burch posted a picture of a g17 Orion 2.0 a few months back.

The clip spacing and sweatguard remind me of a tenicor velo4, but it’s still got that amazing DSG muzzle profile and a darkwing.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CalAlumnus View Post
    Of the three stiffness options, which is the go-to choice for AIWB? Do you want more flexible or more rigid, or in the middle?
    I like the 5-stitch as the best balance. I feel many could use the 3-stitch too and I have not touched the CSM lined one. The 5-stitch is my gold standard belt to suggest for something I know will work no matter who buys it. One thing people negate when discussing belts is their waist size, fluffiness, and how tight they wear things. Someone with a lean 30" waist will have vastly different needs than a muscular 38" waist than a fluffy 38" waist. Generally the larger the waist, the more stiffness one can get away with and still have all of the AIWB features function well. As the waist narrows, the need for flexibility increases.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Yes, but you're not necessarily wrong. If it's easier to run things on that side, rock on. The buckle is just a larger version of an existing design that's used so many different ways.

You can still thread it where the tail is underneath. Please try this and if it works to your liking, I will talk to Sam about making it an option, and if it's workable, I'll see to it that she replaces yours.
    You were right about being able to thread the tail underneath. This is an outstanding belt design!
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    You were right about being able to thread the tail underneath. This is an outstanding belt design!
    Any chance you can take a pic of how you are running it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Any chance you can take a pic of how you are running it?
    Hope that helps.
    Name:  IMG_3802.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  39.1 KB
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Hope that helps.
    Name:  IMG_3802.jpg
Views: 264
Size:  39.1 KB
    Thanks! That's a nice that it works that way too.

User Tag List