Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Wilderness Tactical Swift Belt

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Breeze View Post
    Why an improvement? Stiffer?
    Yes. Noticeably for me. I'm still holding out hope for the Fat Zero, or Heavy Zero or whatever they were calling it. But the liner is definitely stiffer than standard

Site Supporter
    I've been wearing a pre-production Swift for over a month, daily. I love it.

This buckle arrangement is spiffy.

I use the five stitch and it supports my gear well.

So I am not very smart, and am trying to figure out the Velcro part on the order. If I want to order the one that shows on the webpage, do I pick hooks on the outside?

I want to loop part of the Velcro on the exposed outer layer of the belt. I will be wearing it by itself. Is the part about lining for the folks that want to wear it as a overbelt like the Eagle system?

Sorry for all the questions.

Many thanks to Sam and Tom! I'm delighted to add this one to the wardrobe.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    My Lo Pro buckle slips with the Velcro being engaged but my instructor and FF belts do not. Does yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    Nope. I didn't like the Lo Pro at all, I hate those kinds of buckles and have no idea why people by them from so many makers.
    Yeah, I think I have three of them (maybe four...) and I never have liked them very well, but I was also getting a little tired of the bulky FF circles, poking out right there on top of an unflattering part of my anatomy, but that is my fork's fault.

I have also started to appreciate the CSM lined version also (after using five stitch forever). I am doing most of my practice (until it gets cold) with one of my JMCK IWB-3s. I have pull the dot, and the DCC monoblock, and the tread through fixed loops, and with a full size 5" gun I am liking the threaded loops and lined belt more than I thought I would. And I am thinking it might be nicer with the 4" gun with the DCC clips that are not quite as spread apart.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    So I am not very smart, and am trying to figure out the Velcro part on the order. If I want to order the one that shows on the webpage, do I pick hooks on the outside?
    I think you want no optional hook/loop. The hook/loop on the belt is for attaching it to either an under belt, or stabilizing gear that has hook/loop on it to maintain a position.
    In my case what I want is one with hook on the inside of the belt, because I got one of their Underbelts with loop on the outside, so I can rig a belt up with all the crap for 2gun/3gun and leave it on there, and just dress myself with the underbelt, and not be screwing around unthreading my pants belt and putting on all of the crap on my pants belt. I will be getting one of these for this with the CSM lining and hook on the inside.

Also, I have found the underbelt to be kinda handy by itself, and will buy another one without the loop on the outside. It is adequate for smaller guns (Shield Plus, I am looking at you...) and it is for sure TSA friendly (just wore it this week, back home tonight through what was supposed to be screening that was looking for Hammas at ATL), especially if you have Precheck.

mmc45414 - thank you very much for your insight, I appreciate it.

Ranger green belt ordered.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I've been around the block a few times with belts. Tried many but keep coming back to my Wilderness Belt. I like the looks of the G- hook But I'm sticking with the original Instructors Belt Buckle. The buckle is my carabiner attachment point which holds my dog leashes. I like the extra security of knowing my dogs can't escape without dragging me away. I'm due for a new belt soon, the Velcro on the tongue is just about shot.
    I don't know if they still do this, but they used to "rebuild" your belt if you sent it to them for something stupid like $10. I did this when the velcro went out on my original Insturctor's belt.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I don't know if they still do this, but they used to "rebuild" your belt if you sent it to them for something stupid like $10. I did this when the velcro went out on my original Insturctor's belt.
    And they might even build a new belt with your existing buckle. I think they used to offer a titanium buckle and no longer do, but you could get a belt built around the one you had.

If this was addressed and I missed it, my apologies:

Does this set-up solve the complaint that the LowPro EDC belt relies exclusively on the velcro (with no additional support from the buckle) to hold the belt in place?
    Hain’t we got all the fools in town on our side? And ain’t that a big enough majority in any town?

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    And they might even build a new belt with your existing buckle. I think they used to offer a titanium buckle and no longer do, but you could get a belt built around the one you had.
    I have this done but it was awhile ago. I’ve also gone to the store, bought an instructor, and had them sew hoop Velcro on it for me so I could use it as an inner belt for my gun belt. They’re a 30 mile drive from my house now. I just bought a wolf grey Instructor belt and now PF cost me more money for the Swift belt.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I have this done but it was awhile ago. I’ve also gone to the store, bought an instructor, and had them sew hoop Velcro on it for me so I could use it as an inner belt for my gun belt. They’re a 30 mile drive from my house now. I just bought a wolf grey Instructor belt and now PF cost me more money for the Swift belt.
    I'm sure she appreciates your patronage.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List