Thread: Kleiber Training Solutions?

Kleiber Training Solutions?

Anyone have any experience with this operation? I was asked to look into them as an option. Feel free to PM if you want.

https://kleiberinvestigations.com/firearms-instruction/

Thanks for any help.

He and one of his AIs came and taught a 2-day in-service for our firearms instructors 6-7 years back. It was okay training and we shot a lot. I had a few good takeaways from it, but nothing earth shattering. I've grown and developed as a shooter a lot since to where I don't practice what they were teaching. Again, this was 6-7 years ago, so they may have evolved as well.

They were instructing with a tricked out P320 and a Glock 34 and we were using our then issued P229R .357 SIGs. I would have preferred to see them teach with DA/SA guns. The rifle and shotgun portion didn't do much for me, other than free ammo and paid range time.

Would I go again for free? Absolutely. Would I pay for it myself? No. Hope this helps. Feel free to PM me if you need more info.
    For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Romans 13:4 KJV

I appreciate the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this operation? I was asked to look into them as an option. Feel free to PM if you want.

https://kleiberinvestigations.com/firearms-instruction/

Thanks for any help.
    I have a school run by them coming up in week or so. Can report back after.

Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    I have a school run by them coming up in week or so. Can report back after.
    That would be excellent, thank you.

Hey, I took the class. It was enjoyable and the instructors were good. Fairly fast paced, but not ridiculously so and there was a fair amount of humor and chatting and some good-natured competition and ribbing. I would take a class with them again. All of us in the class were instructors and fairly experienced so I suppose it might have had a different feel otherwise. If you want to talk any specifics, feel free to PM me.

Site Supporter
    From the cheap seats:

It would chap my butt a bit if I went to an in service and I had to shoot a Glock and the instructors were shooting some customized something instead of my duty gun.

There is something to be said for teaching with the same platform/holster set up as your institutional class.

I am told of a years ago story where somebody’s team of somebodies went to John Shaw’s place. IIRC, the story goes that day one was Carbines. A great training day was had by all and said teams goes to get dinner etc.

Day 2 is to be pistols and said team has some kind of new fangled 6000 Series SLS Holster system with some kind of SA/DA pistol.

I am told that when the “team” came back to the camp for the night, they heard, coming from Shaw’s trailer, a faint beep, clack, click click. It was John Shaw, presenting out of the quasi kydex holster and dry firing “double taps” so he could demo to standard with the exact set up as his students come show time the next morning.

Happy to be corrected if I heard the story wrong and/or if I have conflated it with another trainer.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

In my case, the class and ammo were paid for by the agency, not me. Maybe I would feel differently if it had been my money, depending on cost. Basically, my sponsor wanted me to have the certification and I need it to do what I am doing. If I learn even a few things, have fun, get to shoot a lot of free ammo and get the cert, I am a happy camper. Had to take another class not long ago and the instructors were major dicks. Not to me, per se, but in a global sense. I will not deal with them again and doubt they will see any more people from my agency. Just as a contrast.

One instructor from Kleiber was shooting a P320 and the other I think a Glock, maybe a Shadow System. This class was attended by people from numerous state and local agencies and there were Glocks, Sigs, M&Ps, Shadow Systems, Fn509, Staccatos and some other stuff, so no way they could have shot what we shot and at this level I am not sure it matters much unless it is something way outside an LE gun. On the plus side, I did get to shoot one guy's Shadow systems a bit and got to play with and shoot the 509 mrd-le. Always fun to check out other guns. One of the instructors is current LE and I believe he was using his duty gun. Other guy was Dave Kleiber, who solely runs his training business now but has a bunch of LE and other Gov training contracts. I do not know what modifications his P320 may have had.

Thank you for the input! Sounds better than some training I've gotten in the past. I'll pass it along to the powers that be.

User Tag List