Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New Chronograph from Garmin

My shooting partner bought one, and I’ve shot over it a few times now. 22LR pistol, 22LR rifle, 22GT, 6.5Manbun, 300BLK, 38Spl carbine, 9mm carbine and 9mm pistol. Used with the stock tripod off the bench.

I’m really impressed. Caught every shot it could. Only time it missed a shot was when I fired a follow up shot too quickly. It needs a “potato” to recycle and recharge. It also missed if the unit was too far from the bore axis (several feet’s away), but that makes sense.

The user interface is simple, and the iPhone app is pretty slick given how new it is. Makes it easy to capture all your shooting. The data driven reloaders and shooters among us are going to go nuts with the amount of data they can track and log. Great battery life, small size, light weight.

Definitely going on my Christmas list!
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Happened to see one of these yesterday at the range. Man I was not aware of how small it actually was in real life.

The owner said he just happened to be at Bass Pro when a shipment came in and they were stocking them on the shelves.

He says he's tried multiple different guns with it and it's picked up every single time. Can't wait to get one myself!

Mine came today. I was checking online the other day to see if anybody had them in stock. Cabelas did and I had a bunch of Cabelas points to use. So.

This thing is great. I used my Vudoo 22LR and shot some various ammo. Everything was consistent with readings I had gotten previously from my Competition Electronics chrono. I didn't compare them directly because it was already too dark for the CE. I fired 93 rounds and it picked up every one. It still registered correctly when it was so dark I could barely see the white pepper popper at 140 yards. I had to use the illuminated reticle to even be able to shoot.

The controls are very easy to use. I had to poke around a little to get things the way I wanted them. I found a place where I can "rename session" so its easier to find each separate session with different guns or ammo or any other information you want to find.

This is going to revolutionize things. Now I can chrono while I'm shooting a long range steel benchrest match and figure out if it was a bad round or a bad shooter when a shot goes low.

Gonna have to do way better than that Labradar, the Garmin is coming to get you!

Quote Originally Posted by Cdub_NW View Post

For you bow shooters out there, I also tested with three different bows and got positive results. Phase4 29 @78lbs 27.5" Draw; V3X @70lbs 27.5" draw and Hoyt Ventum 30 @ 68lbs 27.5" draw. Arrow weights from 374, 422, 453 & 474 The device was able to pickup the FPS differences between a few arrows with some slight weight differences out of all my bows. Appears to be equally as accurate as it was with various rifle cartridges and charge weights.
    That is by design - one of Garmin’s engineers who worked on this was previously a Hoyt engineer.

Full disclosure: I am a former employee and now a consultant for this company- they have the Garmin restocked right now.

https://store.hoyt.com/products/garm...ro-chronograph

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Full disclosure: I am a former employee and now a consultant for this company- they have the Garmin restocked right now.

https://store.hoyt.com/products/garm...ro-chronograph
    Gone.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Another 45 from our pre-orders finally came in and is going straight out today We are now past 50% of our 100 pre-orders and will be past 60% tomorrow. We appreciate your patience. -Richard

Name:  IMG_0065.jpg
Views: 265
Size:  59.8 KB
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    We opened up the pre-orders again for the December deliveries, expected deliver is as soon as two weeks
    https://cstactical.com/garmin-xero-c1-pro-chronograph/
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Just saw one on the local classifieds with a selling price of $800. Opportunistic sellers are a thing. Supplies are regularly replenished on this, Garmin is a major company and a bit of patience is warranted here.

Haven’t had a chance to get to the range with mine yet, but it sure works fine with my office airsoft rig

User Tag List