Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: New Chronograph from Garmin

A fellow on the range with me this morning had one of these while he was load testing rounds for his 6.5CM. Very neat piece of technology, if it wasn't $600, I might not be able to resist owning one just because.

Interestingly, after he was done, he let me play around with it. Only things I had with me were a 9mm PCC, my 4.25" Prodigy, and my P365XL, so I shot five rounds through each using my slowly diminishing stockpile of A260 147gr JHP. What surprised me is the average velocity loss from the 16" PCC to the Prodigy was only 7 FPS, clearly there's a lot of wasted space in a 16" 9mm barrel...

Anybody had trouble with the latest update?

I updated over the weekend. My Garmin says it's connected to my phone but my phone never says it's connected to my Garmin and it hasn't downloaded any data from the actual chronograph lately.

Every time I hump my pelican case with lab radar and paraphernalia to around and back from the range, I really want one of these Garmin chronographs. Unfortunately, while bulky, my LabRadar works extremely well And I have other more important things to put money towards.

At some point if there’s an issue issue with my LabRadar It will be time for a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
    Every time I hump my pelican case with lab radar and paraphernalia to around and back from the range, I really want one of these Garmin chronographs. Unfortunately, while bulky, my LabRadar works extremely well And I have other more important things to put money towards.

At some point if there’s an issue issue with my LabRadar It will be time for a switch.
    Radar? I'm still using an Oehler 35P.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

“It worked pretty good if you could shoot.” -Pat Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Radar? I'm still using an Oehler 35P.
    I'm using a hand me down Chrony with two bullet strikes that deformed the case so it wont close, chop sticks and white cardboard or skyscreens, and a notepad. I'd really like a new Garmin.

FYI Winchester M1152 shoots a lot lower than 147gr HST/RA9T

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I'm using a hand me down Chrony with two bullet strikes that deformed the case so it wont close, chop sticks and white cardboard or skyscreens, and a notepad. I'd really like a new Garmin.

FYI Winchester M1152 shoots a lot lower than 147gr HST/RA9T
    Our range had one of those. I shot a chop stick/wire once, which is why I got the big "window" 35P for myself.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

“It worked pretty good if you could shoot.” -Pat Rogers

Site Supporter

Big Tex Father’s Day sale

For the good of the order:

Big Tex Ordnance is having a 15% off sale this weekend.
    I just ordered a Garmin Chronograph for under $510 shipped.

https://www.bigtexordnance.com/produ...o-chronograph/

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

Thanks. Ordered one. I've been waiting for a sale on these things.

Chris

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GyroF-16 View Post

We could match that on the few we have left in stock right now Give me a call at 916-628-3490 - Richard
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103x2
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

I finally couldn't resist and got one on sale. It says you need 20+ yards to get a measurement but it measured airsoft BB's in my garage with like 12' of runout.

It works so boringly and easily so far that it seems like Alien magic compared to my old Chrony, my buddies big doppler thing, another buddies magneto speed, and my latest Caldwell.

The auto calculations for KE and Power Factor are probably awesome for those that need it as well.

$500-600 almost seems cheap for what you are getting over all other available technology.

Now if they could only make this big a leap for pistol red dots :-D
    -
    Dennis.

User Tag List