Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W Response - 9mm PCC w/ Interchangeable Magwell

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Could probably do some neat laser engraving...
    That’s what my guy in NH did for my Scorpion.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Does it have last round bolt hold open? Lots of PCC designs don't.
    The Response has LRBHO with an AR-style release on the left side.

I don't know about "lots", because just about anything that I know does. The two major exceptions are KelTec SUB2000 and H&K MP5. In case of MP5, it's understandable because it's an SMG. Those tend to lack LRBHO, because you know when you're short because your burst is cut short. So, Uzi and AK also lack LRBHO. But I'm not counting those.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post

I don't know about "lots", because just about anything that I know does. The two major exceptions are KelTec SUB2000 and H&K MP5. In case of MP5, it's understandable because it's an SMG. Those tend to lack LRBHO, because you know when you're short because your burst is cut short. So, Uzi and AK also lack LRBHO. But I'm not counting those.
    I'm aware of at least two AR9s that don't have LRBHO, but glad to hear this one does.

Got to compare the FPC and Response side by side and them shoot another customer’s Response and the range’s FPC.

The Response is pretty nice. It’s about a pound heavier than the FPC, but very balanced I thought. The lower is polymer, but it’s well built! The trigger and grip,can be swapped out from your favorite AR. The “BCG” is basicly an over sized 15-22 hunk of alloy. Buffer tube buffers. Nothing fancy, but nothing that screamed out to me it would break easily. The trigger that comes with it was great I thought. RUSA has the prices at $750, and I don’t see them selling many at that price. I’m going to wait until they get down to $650.

I find I like the FPC more and more. I have one in layaway. I’m sure I will end up with a Response, but I could be just as happy with two or three FPCs to replace my aging and sagging Sub 2Ks.

Name:  IMG_3267.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  49.7 KB
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by PTSDog View Post
    Got to compare the FPC and Response side by side and them shoot another customer’s Response and the range’s FPC.

The Response is pretty nice. It’s about a pound heavier than the FPC, but very balanced I thought. The lower is polymer, but it’s well built! The trigger and grip,can be swapped out from your favorite AR. The “BCG” is basicly an over sized 15-22 hunk of alloy. Buffer tube buffers. Nothing fancy, but nothing that screamed out to me it would break easily. The trigger that comes with it was great I thought. RUSA has the prices at $750, and I don’t see them selling many at that price. I’m going to wait until they get down to $650.

I find I like the FPC more and more. I have one in layaway. I’m sure I will end up with a Response, but I could be just as happy with two or three FPCs to replace my aging and sagging Sub 2Ks.

Name:  IMG_3267.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  49.7 KB
    The upper is aluminum or polymer? Any indication of some kind of delay in the blowback of the carrier or is it the typical 9mm AR blowback type?

@Exiledviking

It’s nothing fancy, just your straight blowback type from other 9mm ARs. But, to me, it shot great. I really think the polymer receiver soaks up some of energy. Not that 9mm kicks a lot.

Upper is polymer over a metal skeleton IIRC. The rail is polymer. Maybe the polymer is what makes the Response shoot so well. The Ruger PCC has that “thud” when you short it because of the heavy ass bolt sling back and forth. The Reaponse’s recoil impulse don’t feel like that.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    I don't know about "lots", because just about anything that I know does.
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'm aware of at least two AR9s that don't have LRBHO, but glad to hear this one does.
    I think that was an issue when magazine conversion blocks were a more common approach. I had one when a version with a hold open cost as much as a lower, and I ended up with a Colt pattern lower. Since I am all-in on M&P for double stack striker guns there had only been rather expensive M&P magazine alternatives.

Since they bowed to the pressure on Glock mags for this, what is the likelyhood there will be a Glock version of the FPC? Thats the only thing really holding me back from one. Form factor wise the Response holds no interest.

I’d want to get it down to the size of my Colt/Uzi pattern SBR:

Name:  IMG_0096.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  105.6 KB
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I’d want to get it down to the size of my Colt/Uzi pattern SBR:

Name:  IMG_0096.jpg
Views: 531
Size:  105.6 KB
    If it’s like the 15/22, it’s just a proprietary barrel nut wrench and likely similar hand guard attachment.
    This looks like it’d be a cool little SBR. Especially with the weight savings of polymer.

User Tag List