Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: S&W Response - 9mm PCC w/ Interchangeable Magwell

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    My second is that P320 and P365 magwells would sell, if the aftermarket chooses to go there.
    To inject a little bit of data, the take rate for aftermarket magwells for Ruger PCC is about 0.3%. About one in 300 owners decides to use something other than Glock or Ruger magazines. Using injection molding technology, robust advertising, and selling to a channel would probably push to about 0.8% or so.

The most popular type is Beretta 92, the P320 is next, and P365 is the third most popular. P320 and P365 together sell more than B92. The CZ-75 type is often requested, but sells extremely poorly domestically. It's about one CZ-75 to 20 B92.

If you want to make money, Glock is the only type that matters. The rest is completely on the margins.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Would engraving the trust name into the plastic not meet the requirement?
    I’m thinking more how to deal with the barrel and handguard.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by zaitcev View Post
    To inject a little bit of data, the take rate for aftermarket magwells for Ruger PCC is about 0.3%. About one in 300 owners decides to use something other than Glock or Ruger magazines. Using injection molding technology, robust advertising, and selling to a channel would probably push to about 0.8% or so.

The most popular type is Beretta 92, the P320 is next, and P365 is the third most popular. P320 and P365 together sell more than B92. The CZ-75 type is often requested, but sells extremely poorly domestically. It's about one CZ-75 to 20 B92.

If you want to make money, Glock is the only type that matters. The rest is completely on the margins.
    Interesting. I’m not sure of the development or production costs for a nylon (assumed) magwell, but I have to wonder if it’s a possibility.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

I’m thinking more how to deal with the barrel and handguard.
    But before ya get too far along it might be something the scheme. We know the serial number needs to be on a metal surface (like Glocks), what if you would get a stamp back and find out there was no metal to engrave your name.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    But before ya get too far along it might be something the scheme. We know the serial number needs to be on a metal surface (like Glocks), what if you would get a stamp back and find out there was no metal to engrave your name.
    Actually, it doesn’t need to be on metal. That’s my understanding.

Edit - CZ Scorpion is an example. The maker’s information is all on polymer, the serial number is on metal. That’s my understanding of what is required, if you duplicate the original maker’s location you’re safe.
    Last edited by HeavyDuty; 10-19-2023 at 10:10 AM.
    Ken

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Variety=two.
    So far - they claim more will be forthcoming.

Lots of 320/M17/M18 and Beretta 92/M9 out there. Those would be the logical next choices.

I'm interested. I love my S&W 15-22 and they seem to know how to do polymer receivers right. I'm also all in on Glocks so the FPC wasn't going to work for me. My first question is, have they tuned the buffer system to eliminate the snappy recoil of a direct blowback 9mm? Without doing some roller lock or other type of delayed system, I'd like to know if it's any better than just building a 9mm AR on a Glock mag lower from the existing AR PCC ecosystem. Tuning buffer springs and weights isn't hard for the home builder. The price seems to be right.

Does it have last round bolt hold open? Lots of PCC designs don't. If so, this might be my next long gun purchase, because I love 9mm carbines for no logical reason.

Actually, it doesn’t need to be on metal. That’s my understanding.

Edit - CZ Scorpion is an example. The maker’s information is all on polymer, the serial number is on metal. That’s my understanding of what is required, if you duplicate the original maker’s location you’re safe.
    Could probably do some neat laser engraving...

Just threw a M&P FPC in layaway at LGS, cause I have to have something to keep my will to live going. But don’t get to handle the Response until this evening. I’m really this could be my HD long arm and then keep the FPC in my go bag.

Now just got to get a M&P 2.0 with a 3.6” barrel to keep them company.

Jerry
    Professionally Trained Service Dog. Not dogs with issues! LOL unless you are talking about my mutts.

User Tag List