Thread: Liberty Optics is apparently out of business

Liberty Optics is apparently out of business

I am astonished, but it appears they’ve been taking orders and money, but not fulfilling orders for months. I’m really astonished. Vortex Optics and @CS Tactical are doing their best to help with what Liberty did to folks, please remember that for the future when buying optics.

If you’ve got an order with them that is pending, dispute it NOW. We’ve got at least one forum member with a few thousand dollars that is probably gone 😞

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...legit.7095532/
    #RESIST

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am astonished, but it appears they’ve been taking orders and money, but not fulfilling orders for months. I’m really astonished. Vortex Optics and @CS Tactical are doing their best to help with what Liberty did to folks, please remember that for the future when buying optics.

If you’ve got an order with them that is pending, dispute it NOW. We’ve got at least one forum member with a few thousand dollars that is probably gone 😞

https://www.snipershide.com/shooting...legit.7095532/

Thank you for mentioning us as well, this is horrible for everyone involved. Many vendors including us wondered how he was able to provide the pricing he did. But knowing he was working out of his garage, having customers pre-pay and drop shipping orders months later for just above dealers cost did not make sense in the long run.

We are not always the cheapest, but we try to be fair to our customers while keeping our doors open. We also don't take money in advance unless we know it's shipping relatively soon.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Shocking! Bought a number of scopes from Liberty over the years. CS Tactical too! I guess you never know.

I too was once a Liberty customer several years ago. However, this was not simply going out of business, this was theft. What is described over at SnipersHide is egregious. It was a well-planned effort to bilk customers for months. Hopefully, he is prosecuted for fraud.

Thanks @LL for letting us know.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

I've seen a lot of small low margin businesses collapse after some minor catestrophe, but never one suddenly abscond with 3 months of prepaid orders after 20 years in business. wow...

I hope everyone's chargebacks are successful.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I've seen a lot of small low margin businesses collapse after some minor catestrophe, but never one suddenly abscond with 3 months of prepaid orders after 20 years in business. wow...
    I don't know, I think that fits how one-person small businesses often collapse. They stop paying suppliers (just until they can fix it!) don't tell customers (because they're going to fix it!) and then oops the money is gone to mortgage payments or whatever made them "temporarily" start redirecting customer funds.

This looks like it was handled very poorly but it also looks fairly typical.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRoland View Post
    They stop paying suppliers (just until they can fix it!)
    I think taxes also nail a lot of them, especially food service where there is payroll withholding. Packed with customers on Saturday, locked door on Monday.

This is disappointing to hear. I've bought from him in the past, and recommend him more than a few times.
    Note to self to stop doing that when the experience is no longer fresh.

User Tag List