Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about a list of YouTube firearms channels worth following and why

How about a list of YouTube firearms channels worth following and why

I've been meaning to start this thread for a month or so but never got around to it. The Presented Without Comment thread made me realize it's time to see if we can get a list going that sorts the wheat from the chaff.

Which channels provide solid info in a reasonable amount of time? Which ones provide solid info but are long winded about it? Which ones are best used for guntertainment rather than good info? Which ones are so misinformed and bad that they don't know if they should shit or go blind? Which ones have potential but are held back by the presenter (this one will be highly subjective)?

When posting it would be helpful if you list which categories the channel falls into and it's possible for a channel to fall into multiple categories. For example I think TFB-TV generally provides good info in a reasonable time frame but James Reeves will absolutely fanboi out which pushes it towards guntertainment IMO.

This should also be a good place to ask about certain channels that pop up on your feed. Maybe you're missing out on a hidden gem or maybe someone has already had the misfortune to see their content and can save you the waster of time and eye bleach.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    9-Hole Reviews. High quality discussion of firearms (mostly long guns) and practical shooting.

Administrative Outcomes - Fun LARPING with a good dose of history. Doesn’t take himself seriously but devoid of all the FUDD.

AK Operators Union - Rob Ski “Slavs” it up but shows a lot of passion and information for the AK platform.

Many others that I’m sure others will mention but these are the guys I throw my patronage to.

I like Guilty of Treason for chainsaw content. Just a regular dude running a saw. Bonus point for any content with the late Jed Walters in it.

I also watch Kit Badger. Cool vibe. Decent gear reviews.

Oh, and Project Farm for tests on all sorts of tool and guy things.
    All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.
    No one is coming. It is up to us.

Paul Harrell for sure.

Bloke on the Range

C_Does - great optic reviews

Modern Samurai Project

School of the American Rifle for AR deep technical stuff

British Muzzleloaders does very technical deep dives into the tradition and training of English military marksmanship from the 1700s up into WW2. Affable and amusing. Canadian, though...

Sage Dynamics on 1.5x playback, A-A-ron never uses one word when a burst of 5-7 will do.

Gun Jesus of course, although my interest in obscure French guns from 1913-1914 waxes and wanes.

Duelist1954 does good(long, verbose) basic production value treatments on various 17th-19th century guns.

Primary and Secondary runs hot, cold and unwatchable. Long form hangout format, rambling, janky sound quality, pseudo-incoherent self stroking with occasional diamonds. Think Joe Rogan without DMT, weed or aliens.

GBRS Group. Hipster SEALs for the Gun Culture 2 COD set. Excellent production values with action movie-like sequences. The SEAL guy they had a falling out with over business(Trent?) is even more hipster. Very...Tactical Culty. Stone killers though.

I like to check in with InRange TV to watch Karl the ANTIFA Satanist melting down over Wyatt Earp and ranting about defending Trans-Queer Rights against The Genocide. He'll be implicated in a mass murder soon.

Everybody sprays spittle at John Correia on Active Self Protection, and he's very easy to be amused by on many levels. But the channel is an invaluable resource for an incredible number of self defense surveillance, body-cam and smartphone videos.
    Lose the perm and the Old Testament beard though, John.

Scholagladiatoria is mostly about swords and armor, but has a number of episodes on British revolver use in 19th century India and Africa that are very good. It's all about context...

Sootch00: When it absolutely, positively has to be shilled in the most banal way possible, accept no substitutes.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post

I like to check in with InRange TV to watch Karl the ANTIFA Satanist melting down over Wyatt Earp and ranting about defending Trans-Queer Rights against The Genocide. He'll be implicated in a mass murder soon.

Funniest thing I’ve read on a long time!

Thank You!

British Muzzleloaders does very technical deep dives into the tradition and training of English military marksmanship from the 1700s up into WW2. Affable and amusing. Canadian, though...

Sage Dynamics on 1.5x playback, A-A-ron never uses one word when a burst of 5-7 will do.

Gun Jesus of course, although my interest in obscure French guns from 1913-1914 waxes and wanes.

Duelist1954 does good(long, verbose) basic production value treatments on various 17th-19th century guns.

Primary and Secondary runs hot, cold and unwatchable. Long form hangout format, rambling, janky sound quality, pseudo-incoherent self stroking with occasional diamonds. Think Joe Rogan without DMT, weed or aliens.

GBRS Group. Hipster SEALs for the Gun Culture 2 COD set. Excellent production values with action movie-like sequences. The SEAL guy they had a falling out with over business(Trent?) is even more hipster. Very...Tactical Culty. Stone killers though.

Everybody sprays spittle at John Correia on Active Self Protection, and he's very easy to be amused by on many levels. But the channel is an invaluable resource for an incredible number of self defense surveillance, body-cam and smartphone videos.
    Lose the perm and the Old Testament beard though, John.

Scholagladiatoria is mostly about swords and armor, but has a number of episodes on British revolver use in 19th century India and Africa that are very good. It's all about context...

Sootch00: When it absolutely, positively has to be shilled in the most banal way possible, accept no substitutes.
    Chucklesnorts all around. Really hard to follow cringerange any more, with all the drama.

hrfunk has a number of vids going over different state leo qualifications and now a UK police qualification.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...kl_QrlH3jM4DSD

Site Supporter
    I pretty much purged my Youtube subscription list of almost all gun content after I stopped working in that space. The only ones that survived the cut were The Suited Shootist, Kinetic Consulting, Cowan/Sage Dynamics, Mrgunsngear, and 9-Hole Reviews.

[SNIP]

[SNIP]

I thought I might be the only one with those thoughts on P&S, but I'm right there with you. I've loved some of their content, but have moved on from a lot of their stuff in this current season of my life. I'm much more towards the "Normal Earth People" side now versus my past life of trying to absorb everything I could. I try (heavy emphasis on try) to listen whenever guys I like are on (DB, Fisher, Haggard, Matt/Rob Haught, etc.) but that's it.

The other two, I'm dying here! Best descriptions I've read this morning!

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Here's my gun-related subscriptions, ignoring ones that haven't put out content lately:
    Okay, I'm sold on some of those channels because they're hitting some of the gun geekery I still enjoy. Especially Mark Serbu's channels, did not know he did YouTube stuff and he's my kinda people.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."
    Disclaimer: I have previously worked in the firearms industry as an engineer. Thoughts and opinions expressed here are mine alone and not those of my prior employers.

User Tag List