Thread: Glock Operator and Low Profile CCW courses ?

Glock Operator and Low Profile CCW courses ?

Team, confused, as just a couple after action reviews of the operator course out there. I can’t find anything about the CCW course. I would like to know differences, approximate round counts etc. I am local Atl and am likely gonna do it. I would just like to know if I should do one or the other or both?

I have turned a new leaf this year. I waste a load of money buying shooting trading different guns. Kinda OCD ish. Anyway, I have decided to stop, instead I am thinning the heard, and concentrating on course work and training.

Thanks for any insight!

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Team, confused, as just a couple after action reviews of the operator course out there. I can’t find anything about the CCW course. I would like to know differences, approximate round counts etc. I am local Atl and am likely gonna do it. I would just like to know if I should do one or the other or both?

I have turned a new leaf this year. I waste a load of money buying shooting trading different guns. Kinda OCD ish. Anyway, I have decided to stop, instead I am thinning the heard, and concentrating on course work and training.
    Thanks for any insight!

Dave
    If you are local to the Atlanta area, the Glock Professional indoor range and classroom are in Smyrna, a suburb.
    There is information on the website-Glock Training.com . The Operator courses are two days and 1,000 rounds designated. You also need a Glock and support gear: holster, mags(at least 3), pouches,etc.
    I know a number of people who have attended and everyone has been satisfied. An open enrollment course does move at students pace, so bear in mind you might shoot a little less or more. I've seen much the same in other courses. If you look at their descriptions, they basically say the Operator course first. There are then variations of that-concealed, low light, etc.. I would make sure my draw and reload was down, and be mindful of safe handling and manipulating.
    My compliments on seeking training; this would seem to be a very good opportunity for you as you are in the area. That saves a lot of expenses.
    Edit to add: I just looked at their website again. There is a restriction on the low light course. One needs to get through the Operator course successfully. They also have an optics course, but I know some of the classes have had mixed sighting systems.
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 10-17-2023 at 10:01 AM.

Yeah, I think simce they are local, I am saving alot on no hotel fees, so really almost a two for one! The receptionist was not helpful when I called. Emailed one of the instructors, but have not heard back. Thanks for your insight.

Dave

User Tag List