Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PMAG Glock mag springs

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I use the PMAG GL9 GLOCK G17 mags for training and my springs are toast. The Glock 17 mag springs are not the same and wont work. I figure someone here has replaced theirs and am wondering where I can pick up a half dozen or so. Either my google FU sucks today or I am an idiot but cant seem to find them online...This for a G17 G4/ TIA
    I stand corrected and my statement of "The Glock 17 mag springs are not the same and wont work" is incorrect. What I should have said was I have Wolff Glock 17 mag springs and they will not work. Sorry for my brain fart. I will open up a Glock 17 OEM mag and check the spring ASAP...

Site Supporter
    Save the Glock OEM/OEM compatible springs for your Glock mags and just buy new Pmags.

A way to maximum success with minimum downtime/hassle is rarely more clear than in the realm of consumables.

Nothing new on the planet. This is starting to sound like the guys in the 80's who would stretch mag springs for their 1911's and then pound down feed lips with a rubber mallet for good measure....and then wonder why the mag shit the bed during a match.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    This is why I just use the OEM products.... Replacement springs are cheaper than new mags and they don't choke like the pmags do

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Save the Glock OEM/OEM compatible springs for your Glock mags and just buy new Pmags.

A way to maximum success with minimum downtime/hassle is rarely more clear than in the realm of consumables.

Nothing new on the planet. This is starting to sound like the guys in the 80's who would stretch mag springs for their 1911's and then pound down feed lips with a rubber mallet for good measure....and then wonder why the mag shit the bed during a match.
    And inevitably they were using the cheapest possible homebrewed reloads...nothing like playing wack-a-mole to determine causal factors in malfunctions....

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

I have about a dozen Pmags I use in P80 clones and a Just right carbine, don’t have a ton of rounds through any of them and haven’t worn one out yet.

But this has me wondering what the average life span (round count) is on them. I know it’s variable and depends on a lot of differing circumstances, just a rough estimate for crap and giggles is all I’m looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    I have about a dozen Pmags I use in P80 clones and a Just right carbine, don’t have a ton of rounds through any of them and haven’t worn one out yet.

But this has me wondering what the average life span (round count) is on them. I know it’s variable and depends on a lot of differing circumstances, just a rough estimate for crap and giggles is all I’m looking for.
    My 21 round PMAGs lasted a few thousand rounds per mag before they started giving up and suffering stoppages. So, 3-4 years.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Put me in the "just buy more mags" camp. I'm to the point now where I really dislike trouble shooting anything gear. Also, I live with the expectation that another mag ban will eventually become federal law. Buy extra mags.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    Put me in the "just buy more mags" camp. I'm to the point now where I really dislike trouble shooting anything gear. Also, I live with the expectation that another mag ban will eventually become federal law. Buy extra mags.
    Same here. I’d always throw 2-3 AR or Glock mags in with Brownells or PA orders. Cheap insurance for any future federal AWB’s. Turned out to be quite fortuitous, since IL passed their own.

Site Supporter
    Botach has OEM Glock mags for $19.98 each right now. They also show translucent Lancer AR mags for $11 each. I've heard that some people have had bad experiences with Botach, but I've always gotten what I've ordered.

https://botach.com/glock-oem-magazines/

User Tag List