Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PMAG Glock mag springs

PMAG Glock mag springs

I use the PMAG GL9 GLOCK G17 mags for training and my springs are toast. The Glock 17 mag springs are not the same and wont work. I figure someone here has replaced theirs and am wondering where I can pick up a half dozen or so. Either my google FU sucks today or I am an idiot but cant seem to find them online...This for a G17 G4/ TIA

Site Supporter
    Executive summary-just buy new Pmags.

6 Wolff Brand Glock 10% +Mag springs are about 40 ish shipped. You would then be putting them into a mag body/follower/baseplate assembly which may or may not be good to go.

6 brand new Pmags are about 77 shipped.

I would decline the opportunity to stop over dollars to pick up pennies on this issue.

Mags are consumables. Practice mags are absolutely consumables.

Vetted PMags tend to run extremely well, particularly in the 17 rd version. (my go to practice mags as well btw.)

Absent PMAG non availability, I would take a hard pass on your intended course of action.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    http://magpul.com

Call them. They might trade you new ones for your old ones or give you the springs. I would not spend money upgrading aftermarket magazines.

Thanks guys, I did send them an email and am waiting to hear back from them. If it comes to that I will just get new ones or dedicate 4 of my Glock mags to just practice since I do have a pack of 10 Wolff replacement springs for them already. On a side note I just cleaned up 20-30 round G2 PMAGS that had umpteen thousands of rounds on them and looked into new springs versus pitching them and getting new ones. I found a place that sells a 25 pack of SS extra power springs for $75 and it was definetly worth saving the PMAGS... I was hoping to do the same with the Glock PMAGS. I was having all kinds of mag related malfunctions on my pistols and carbines the last few weekends which was awesone for training purposes becase I did not expect that but I have beaten the ever lovin dog piss out of the mags with rarely cleaning them for a decade, so, it is time for new springs. I had all kinds of dirt and debri like leaves and pine needles and carbon build up in them... Hahahaha...

GL mags are disposable, IMO.

In addition to the mag springs being dead, your feedlips are probably worn down close to the end of their life as well. Since Glock pmags are only for training (for me), when my springs start to wear, I just pop them out and stretch them by hand. I know it’s “wrong” but it extends the life of the mag long enough to survive until the feedlips are shot, then the mag goes in the trash.

Another echo for just buy new Pmags. I'm running their 10 rounders for my G17 and G19, and find them excellent. I still prefer Glock magazines, though, particularly the Gen5 ones, as I think that in the long run they'll be a bit more durable-but the Pmags are an excellent value.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    The Glock 17 mag springs are not the same and wont work.
    Unless there is a change to recent pmag production OEM Glock mag springs do work. I have used them as replacements and they function properly. Pmag spring on the mag I just popped open is 11 coil, I don't remember if I replaced with 10 or 11 coil when I did my mags.

The last time I bought glock pmags they were on a special for something like $95 for a 10-pack. Replacement is probably a better overall option.
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Quote Originally Posted by ST911 View Post
    Unless there is a change to recent pmag production OEM Glock mag springs do work. I have used them as replacements and they function properly. Pmag spring on the mag I just popped open is 11 coil, I don't remember if I replaced with 10 or 11 coil when I did my mags.

The last time I bought glock pmags they were on a special for something like $95 for a 10-pack. Replacement is probably a better overall option.
    I have the Wolff Glock 17 springs and the bottom loop has bend on it that kicks in and is not the same as the PMAG spring. If I clip that off it wont wrap around correctly and will not fit under the notch that holds the internal bottom plate to the spring. Maybe the OEM springs are different, I will have to pop open a Glock mag to check it. Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by BK14 View Post
    In addition to the mag springs being dead, your feedlips are probably worn down close to the end of their life as well. Since Glock pmags are only for training (for me), when my springs start to wear, I just pop them out and stretch them by hand. I know it’s “wrong” but it extends the life of the mag long enough to survive until the feedlips are shot, then the mag goes in the trash.
    Not a bad option to get a little more life out of them, thanks.

User Tag List