Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo Panic / Stupidity 2023

"This ain’t the movies and you ain’t Chuck Norris." Now thats funny as hell! I think most folks here alredy buy it cheap and stack it deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    "This ain’t the movies and you ain’t Chuck Norris." Now thats funny as hell! I think most folks here alredy buy it cheap and stack it deep.
    Agreed. My general rule for guns, ammo, stocks and bonds is to be buying when others are selling, and selling when most others are buying. When we get below 50-70k of 9, we just buy though. I still remember my wife explaining, after she bought $750 no name ammo during the peak of the Covid panic period we were "dollar cost averaging."
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Glad Im already sitting on roughly 3500 rnds of 9mm HST hollow points and another 3600-4K FMJ.

Prolly could stand to pick up another 1-2K of training ammo to tide me over tho. 🤣🤷
    Screw it,.. ya’all “Panicked” me into grabbing 2k more fmj while I can still get it delivered under 30¢ a round. 🤣🤷

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Agreed. My general rule for guns, ammo, stocks and bonds is to be buying when others are selling, and selling when most others are buying. When we get below 50-70k of 9, we just buy though. I still remember my wife explaining, after she bought $750 no name ammo during the peak of the Covid panic period we were "dollar cost averaging."
    Seriously? 50-70K?😄 WoW! And I thought “I” was hoarding ammo when I had set aside 9-10 cases of it!! 🤣🤣🤣

I still haven’t dipped into my pre-COVID stash of gaming ammo when Syntech was $11 a box.

I did supplement when ammoseek triggered my “buy” parameter, though.

Site Supporter
    I ordered a few cases of 9mm and .38 special in the fall of ‘19, and proselytized to friends and family that it was a buyers market and with an election year coming they were fools not to stock up. Obviously, I didn’t see the covid insanity coming. That was a perfect storm.

I helped out several friends for cheap who felt they weren’t adequately prepared and were buying at the height of the panic prices. If I had been stacked a little deeper and felt comfortable dumping more I would have unashamedly sold on Gunbroker for highway robbery pricesp. If people want to buy high and sell low that’s no business of mine.

Got an email last week from SG Ammo stating that his sales volume had doubled basically over night. Two days later he said it had doubled again and that he may have to pull some SKUs off his site to keep from overwhelming his shipping dept. This is after months of emails stating razor thin industry margins, bargain pricing and it's a good time to be stacking. From nothing burger to OMG! in under a week.

I only have a few hundred rds of 9mm and 5.45 loaded.

I have a freezer full of bacon and smoked salmon though.

Can I just opt out of the next war? I'm just an old, tired, worn out vet.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    This is akin to the toilet paper panic during Covid. I'm sitting on enough ammo; worst case, I'll have to take on the hordes with .30-30 and .41 Mag when I run out of the more common stuff.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

This seems to be more of a blip and less of full on panic buying. There's still plenty of ammo available. What I'm seeing is people only bought out 9mm below $250/1000. Above $250, it's plentiful.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    I bought 3K of 9mm last week, but I was down to less than 2K rounds of practice ammo on hand. Target Sports has S&B 124 gr for $240 a case with their Ammo+ membership. SGAmmo had it for about the same, but I think they are out of stock now. I agree that this looks more like a blip than a full on panic, but it's difficult to say. People who hoard aren't rational. I've only shot about 3K rounds this year, but I'm on track to shoot 4-5K before New Year's. I'd like to have 10K on had. I figure that'd be enough to last me through a two year panic without having to cut back on my shooting by too much.

User Tag List