Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo Panic / Stupidity 2023

One of the benefits of packing for my move this week, was finding five cases of Federal 150’s I forgot I had, in the original factory outer boxes. Not to mention 10,000 Starline .45 cases, 7500 Hornady JTC 230’s, and five bottles of Viht 320 powder.

My .45 ACP volume has been reduced by quite a bit in the past few years but it is about to see a substantial increase, once I get my 1050XL remounted.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    and five bottles of Viht 320 powder.
    Great find, since the mid '90's I have always loved that stuff and had great luck with it. It was all I used for 40 for decades.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Shee-it, even then you're overpaying. You can get a case of factory fresh, brass cased ammo for almost $100 cheaper than what this is (granted it's not 147 Lawman)
    Yep. I do prefer the enclosed 147 bullet with the flat nose over the typical basic cheap 115's.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Yep. I do prefer the enclosed 147 bullet with the flat nose over the typical basic cheap 115's.
    Ditto. When I describe this people at work, I'm pretty sure they see me like a drug addict.

"It just hits different, man. You gotta try it!"
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Looks like Colt CZ is making a competitive bid for Vista's ammo business.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...l-from-Colt-CZ

Quote Originally Posted by oss117 View Post
    Looks like Colt CZ is making a competitive bid for Vista's ammo business.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...l-from-Colt-CZ
    CZ must really be raking in cash over the two wars in their backyard.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

Site Supporter
    Just saw a small ammo manufacturer on twitter proclaiming a 10% price increase on Alliant gunpowder with limited availability for the new year is a “sign of imminent social collapse” If he’d seen the price increases in fertilizer the last couple of years he would realize that 1-7% increase on gunpowder is basically keeping up with inflation and paying higher labor costs….
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 12-04-2023 at 10:59 AM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    If he’d seen the price increases in fertilizer the last couple of years he would realize that 1-7% increase on gunpowder is basically keeping up with inflation and paying higher labor costs….
    I think we can be pretty certain his employees do not have health care coverage...

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Just saw a small ammo manufacturer on twitter proclaiming a 10% price increase on Alliant gunpowder with limited availability for the new year is a “sign of imminent social collapse” If he’d seen the price increases in fertilizer the last couple of years he would realize that 1-7% increase on gunpowder is basically keeping up with inflation and paying higher labor costs….

imminent social collapse for sure but not because of the price of gunpowder. Most reloaders have enough gun powder stashed away by now to insure a new order. That's just a business owners way to sell more ammo.

I'm not seeing a shortage of shotgun ammo yet. We know that about 18 grains of powder is needed for a shotgun load. I just had 2 cases (500) delivered last week.

I posted earlier about 5.56 ammo prices starting to increase. Best take note of that. That's real.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Don't shoot the messenger and don't panic, whatever you do.

an anticipated global shortage of gunpowder.

https://www.newsweek.com/ammo-prices...rearms-1850528

Personally, I'm ordering another 500 rds of shotgun ammo tomorrow. Those use a lot of powder to move an ounce of shot.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List