Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Panic / Stupidity 2023

I like SG Ammo, and have ordered from them in the past, but Sam has always had a penchant for using his "newsletter" to push panic purchases, IMHO. Sometimes what he says comes true other times it doesn't pan out. Scarcity or the perception of it, will always help drive sales. And then he digs another 5 pallets of Russian made, no longer imported 7.62x39 out of the depths of his warehouse.

I guess I'm saying take it with a grain of salt.

That said... they are burning through muntions in Ukraine at a rapid rate, and I wouldn't be surprised to see markets adapt.

I should really buy some small pistol primers.

Quote Originally Posted by WDR View Post
    I like SG Ammo, and have ordered from them in the past, but Sam has always had a penchant for using his "newsletter" to push panic purchases, IMHO. Sometimes what he says comes true other times it doesn't pan out. Scarcity or the perception of it, will always help drive sales. And then he digs another 5 pallets of Russian made, no longer imported 7.62x39 out of the depths of his warehouse.

I guess I'm saying take it with a grain of salt.

That said... they are burning through muntions in Ukraine at a rapid rate, and I wouldn't be surprised to see markets adapt.

I should really buy some small pistol primers.
    I think your take is pretty spot on. I did do some googling like he said and it's far from just him, there are think tanks that have been sounding the alarm for years on manufacturing capabilities about not just ours, but most of our allies following our lead in "not worrying" too much about future capacity. The war in Ukraine is pretty breathtaking in how much they are using. If you need powder or primers, it's a pretty good idea to stack some now.

I reckon that I’d better make two road trips, one to that secret spot on that un-named river, to gather flint, and another to the seashore, to dig up a new supply of seabird guano. I would hate for those supplies to disappear.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I reckon that I’d better make two road trips, one to that secret spot on that un-named river, to gather flint, and another to the seashore, to dig up a new supply of seabird guano. I would hate for those supplies to disappear.
    Had to transition to flintlocks, when unable to buy percussion caps.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I’m sitting on more 9mm ball than I’ve ever had, which is not a lot compared to many PFers—something north of 5k. I wasn’t looking for more, but the prediction for price increases are logical, all things considered, and my LGS had Magtech for $12/box. I’ll probably pick up a case tomorrow. Glad to see these prices locally- all of my other purchases have been mail-order.

Just did the end of year range/training ammo inventory today in the garage.

.22 LR - not counting it but two fat 50's filled to the brim with loose 22's...
    .32 S&WL - 500 LRN/550 WC
    .32 ACP - 400
    .380- 500
    9mm MAK - 500
    9mm 115 - 1000 ( somehow ended up with a case of this...)
    9mm 124 - 13,600
    9mm Frangible - 310
    .357 Mag - 500
    .38 Spl WC - 1850
    .38 Spl RN - 3050
    .41 Mag - 475
    .44's Mag- 120, Spl - 130, Russian - 150
    .45 ACP - 6000

7.62x39 loose -1200
    7.62x39 loaded in AK mags - 924
    .30-30 - 450 various types
    .308 - 2000
    .30-06 - 856
    .30 carbine - 1050
    .300 Blk - 300 200 gr subs
    5.56 M193 loose -4000
    5.56 M193 loaded in mags - 8316
    5.56 M855 loaded in mags - 1400

I had a pretty busy training season this year with Gunsite CQP, 350, 499 and Vets 223 along with Revolver Round Up, and a Ernest Langdon and J Dyal class. Along with all the prep training prior to those classes so I'm gonna need to plus this up some. I already am signed up for revolver round up 2024 and have some other obligations training wise this year. My goal is generally to be able to do any classes that come up without having to worry about ammo requirements while also maintaining a 12 to 18 month supply for general consumption. I was pretty light on rifle shooting this year but went harder into the paint with the 9mm and .38 stuff... I think this next year will be similar as the last, as long as the country makes it through the election year with minimal stupidity...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Just did the end of year range/training ammo inventory today in the garage.

.22 LR - not counting it but two fat 50's filled to the brim with loose 22's...
    .32 S&WL - 500 LRN/550 WC
    .32 ACP - 400
    .380- 500
    9mm MAK - 500
    9mm 115 - 1000 ( somehow ended up with a case of this...)
    9mm 124 - 13,600
    9mm Frangible - 310
    .357 Mag - 500
    .38 Spl WC - 1850
    .38 Spl RN - 3050
    .41 Mag - 475
    .44's Mag- 120, Spl - 130, Russian - 150
    .45 ACP - 6000

7.62x39 loose -1200
    7.62x39 loaded in AK mags - 924
    .30-30 - 450 various types
    .308 - 2000
    .30-06 - 856
    .30 carbine - 1050
    .300 Blk - 300 200 gr subs
    5.56 M193 loose -4000
    5.56 M193 loaded in mags - 8316
    5.56 M855 loaded in mags - 1400

I had a pretty busy training season this year with Gunsite CQP, 350, 499 and Vets 223 along with Revolver Round Up, and a Ernest Langdon and J Dyal class. Along with all the prep training prior to those classes so I'm gonna need to plus this up some. I already am signed up for revolver round up 2024 and have some other obligations training wise this year. My goal is generally to be able to do any classes that come up without having to worry about ammo requirements while also maintaining a 12 to 18 month supply for general consumption. I was pretty light on rifle shooting this year but went harder into the paint with the 9mm and .38 stuff... I think this next year will be similar as the last, as long as the country makes it through the election year with minimal stupidity...
    I'd be afraid of a neighbor dropping that info to the local LE. I hope you keep your garage door closed if you live in suburbia.

I live where it wouldn't be a problem but that was planned.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    I'd be afraid of a neighbor dropping that info to the local LE. I hope you keep your garage door closed if you live in suburbia.

Nobody around here cares...and I'm on a first name basis with most of the local LE anyways...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Nobody around here cares...and I'm on a first name basis with most of the local LE anyways...

👍
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post

Most of the neighbors where @rcbusmc24 lives would say he’s a little light on 5.56.

User Tag List