Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo Panic / Stupidity 2023

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Does this mean Ann Margret's not coming?

The opposite actually.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    The opposite actually.
    She's just breathing hard?
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/11/u...smid=url-share

Army Ammunition Plant Is Tied to Mass Shootings Across the U.S.
    The site was built for the military, but commercial sales are booming with little public accountability. Rounds have been bought by murderers, antigovernment groups and others.

I suspect that with the US Supreme Court decision in the Bruen case making it more difficult to regulate guns themselves, we’ll see a new push to regulate magazines and ammunition.

Ammo economics has changed. The supply and demand model is gone. It now works like the stock market with fear and greed as the common model. Buy ammo when you see it, not when you want it. This will not change as long as we can’t keep 9mm and 556 on the shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed4032 View Post
    This will not change as long as we can’t keep 9mm and 556 on the shelf.
    Again...millionth time....

...there is no shortage.

There are tons of 9mm and 5.56 available.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    Again...millionth time....

...there is no shortage.

There are tons of 9mm and 5.56 available.
    I'm stuck with at my in-law's place for a week, so Saturday I escaped to the LGS, and there was SO. MUCH. AMMO. it was crazy. Prices sucked ass, and I'd never drop that kind of cash on shite ammo, but it's there if you need it in a pinch.

Primers are still thin on the ground, I buckled and bought 3K Federal SPP at $80/K - a ridiculous price, but saved me shipping and HAZMAT, so I guess it's a wash.
    Last edited by psalms144.1; 11-13-2023 at 10:48 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed4032 View Post
    Ammo economics has changed. The supply and demand model is gone. It now works like the stock market with fear and greed as the common model. Buy ammo when you see it, not when you want it. This will not change as long as we can’t keep 9mm and 556 on the shelf.
    As @TGS says, there is no shortage.

And ammunition economics changed a long time ago. This is the faith or sixth “panic” in the last 25 years. It’s nothing new.

Ammo sales were slow due to the economy.

A scumbag (or scumbags) in the ammo business saw the 10/7 attacks on Israel and the resulting knee jerk reaction by useful idiots who can’t tell a picture of a U.S. Army paratrooper from a paraglider as an opportunity to make a quick buck and move stagnant inventory by knowingly spreading false rumors claiming the DOD’s Lake City ammunition plant had ceased fulfilling commercial contracts.

Unfortunately there are second and third order effects to this.

Anti gunners follow 2A social media and they learn from their mistakes. The tempest the “ammo shortage” disinformation campaign stirred up attracted the proverbial “eye of Sauron” and now you have The NY Times doing articles asking why a military ammo plant is selling ammunition to civilians.

It’s just like the wave of articles in the mid 1990s targeting ex LE trade in duty guns falsely claiming they were disproportionately found at crime scenes. There’s nothing new under the sun.

I suspect anti gun forces have realized regulating guns themselves is problematic in a post Bruen decision world and are shifting focus to going after ammunition and magazines.

Further evidence of this is the bill recently introduced by Senator Elizabeth Warren, seeking to regulate “bulk ammo purchases” would she defines as anything more than 1000 rounds in 15 days. I don’t think her particular bill will go anywhere, but in conjunction with the NYT and other recent open source media it’s an indicator of their strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post
    As @TGS says, there is no shortage.

And ammunition economics changed a long time ago. This is the faith or sixth “panic” in the last 25 years. It’s nothing new.

Ammo sales were slow due to the economy.

A scumbag (or scumbags) in the ammo business saw the 10/7 attacks on Israel and the resulting knee jerk reaction by useful idiots who can’t tell a picture of a U.S. Army paratrooper from a paraglider as an opportunity to make a quick buck and move stagnant inventory by knowingly spreading false rumors claiming the DOD’s Lake City ammunition plant had ceased fulfilling commercial contracts.

Unfortunately there are second and third order effects to this.

Anti gunners follow 2A social media and they learn from their mistakes. The tempest the “ammo shortage” disinformation campaign stirred up attracted the proverbial “eye of Sauron” and now you have The NY Times doing articles asking why a military ammo plant is selling ammunition to civilians.

It’s just like the wave of articles in the mid 1990s targeting ex LE trade in duty guns falsely claiming they were disproportionately found at crime scenes. There’s nothing new under the sun.

I suspect anti gun forces have realized regulating guns themselves is problematic in a post Bruen decision world and are shifting focus to going after ammunition and magazines.

Further evidence of this is the bill recently introduced by Senator Elizabeth Warren, seeking to regulate “bulk ammo purchases” would she defines as anything more than 1000 rounds in 15 days. I don’t think her particular bill will go anywhere, but in conjunction with the NYT and other recent open source media it’s an indicator of their strategy.
    Yup. Unfortunately, they're getting smarter.
    #RESIST

Maybe it's like a run on a bank. A CEO sells all of his bank stock and the fed takes over the assets while we're sleeping.

My concern isn't ammo but powder and primers. I suppose the availability of those affects how much ammo is produced for the civilian market. If all the powder is being used to produce 155 mm ammo for UKR and anything that develops in the middle east, where does that leave the guy that just wants a few lbs?

I'm not seeing a shortage now and I'm hoping there won't be another one. But the fact remains that we had one in 2008 and another one in 2020. Both lasted more than two years.

I don't know how it happened and I honestly don't care.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

I learned from Sandy Hook. I'm...comfortable on supplies to feed my Dillon 650.
    #RESIST

User Tag List