Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo Panic / Stupidity 2023

If one might want some 9mm Gold Dot 124 +P here is some 1,000 rounds $500
    Government contract overrun, brass case, 2023:
    https://www.velocityammosales.com/pr...s-1000-rounds/
    Strive to carry the handgun you would want anywhere, everywhere; forget that good area bullcrap.
    "Wouldn't want to / Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    If one might want some 9mm Gold Dot 124 +P here is some 1,000 rounds $500
    Government contract overrun, brass case, 2023:
    https://www.velocityammosales.com/pr...s-1000-rounds/
    Do you have any prior experience with this company?

I’m suspicious of any site that extorts an e mail address to view items.

I’ve never seen Gold Dot in brass cases.

Changing the production line would cost more than the price difference between brass and nickel cases. Something is off about this.

I reload anything I shoot in volume, and I do plan to buy more primers than I would if there were no funky market factors. The purchasing limits seem to be gone for now, so a bunch could be bought with one shipping fee. The nice thing about stocking the primers is that it is the only thing really difficult to get, but only represents ~40% of the total cost, the powder is ~10%, and the bullets ~50%. There are some options when it comes to the powder and bullets, so I am going to go deep on just the primers, and pay as I go on bullets and powder.

But the shipping is a bite in the ass, one thing about buying ammo is you can just snag a case or two whenever there is a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by HCM View Post

Changing the production line would cost more than the price difference between brass and nickel cases. Something is off about this.
    I ordered from them once, and they were good to go.

Quick searches of the internet reveal that the company appears to be legit. People on forums talking about ordering from them, etc. The email address request thing is pretty common these days, you can just click on the "X" to ignore it.

The origin of the Speer GD loaded into brass cases remains a mystery to me, but I've seen them once, maybe twice, usually with the "contract overrun" explanation.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    It's really hard to say how that will transpire. Personally, I don't think much of anything will change on the federal level. People continue to worry about what the fed does when they should be focused on their state and local elections. Restrictions aren't coming from the adm. or congress. Congress can't even elect a speaker.
    These panics are almost always induced by no one other than gun owners. We're like a metaphorical snake eating its own tail. Something happens, and guys start spreading rumors that create a stampede. Now I'm not saying that there is never any degree of truth in the rumors; and it's no secret that a large segment of our gov would want to see the 2A go away, but it's almost always not as bad as the fear mongers would have you believe.

All of these "I heard from a source that X brand is cutting off commercial sales" always ends up translating to the sky is falling and we're never going to see 5.56 for sale again.

I'm all for buying it cheap and stacking it deep, but if we all had cooler heads as a whole, we'd be better off.

And not everyone turned 21 in 1980. It's hard for younger guys to even get into shooting with prices constantly going up, which doesn't help us in the long run.

I’ve ordered thousands of rounds of 9mm from these guys in the past year or two. They’re legit. Maybe a little slow getting it shipped sometimes, but never had an issue otherwise.

Site Supporter

I ordered that Gold Dot as well as some Blazer Brass last Friday, and received a shipping notification today. We'll see when it arrives, but so far, so good.

I had not realized that Gold Dot normally comes with nickel plated brass. I would be more concerned with ensuring that it is legitimate Gold Dot and legitimately from CCI/Speer than with the nickel-plated brass, but understand why that detail raised a concern.

If I recall correctly, I was able to bypass entering the email address. I am increasingly seeing that after the age verification.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I have had several perfect orders from those Velocity guys over the last year or two. No problems of any sort.

What caused me pause about ordering the bulk defensive ammo from those guys is my fear that some of it may have been "reclassified" bulk ammo.

Over the last 10-15 years I have bought several lots of that "reclassified" stuff, mostly Speer as I think about it, that was rejected and never boxed due to some minor defect, cosmetic, or not enough sealant, or something that did not fully meet the contract specs it was produced for, or the manufacturer's spec for what went into LE 50 round boxes.

It always came to me in plastic bags inside cardboard boxes marked "not for duty use", but 100% of it was fine and went bang and exhibited good accuracy.

Those guys are not representing it as reclassified ammo, but whenever I see bulk stuff not in the factory 50 round boxes at a cheap price, I start wondering.

Somebody should ask them about it's origin and why it is bulk packed. I will see if I can get a response out of them.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I reload anything I shoot in volume, and I do plan to buy more primers than I would if there were no funky market factors. The purchasing limits seem to be gone for now, so a bunch could be bought with one shipping fee. The nice thing about stocking the primers is that it is the only thing really difficult to get, but only represents ~40% of the total cost, the powder is ~10%, and the bullets ~50%. There are some options when it comes to the powder and bullets, so I am going to go deep on just the primers, and pay as I go on bullets and powder.

But the shipping is a bite in the ass, one thing about buying ammo is you can just snag a case or two whenever there is a deal.
    Lots of different powders work in pistol and revolver ammo. Bullets and brass can usually be found. But no primers, no ammo. The first thing to go and the last thing to come back. I'm checking my stash now. I probably don't need any but may panic buy a few thousand if it's OK with everyone here.

Shalom.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List