Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ammo Panic / Stupidity 2023

Site Supporter

Ammo Panic / Stupidity 2023

Apparently a combination of the following has lead to some panic buying of ammunition:

BS about their "one of my contacts in the business told me...." given the glut of unsold ammo and declining prices this could be price pumpers at work.

“OMG HAMAS” - people who think they need to stock up on ammunition because they will be having “Invasion USA” type gun battles in the streets of America with either Hamas paratroopers or Hamas “ military age makes coming across the border.” This ain’t the movies and you ain’t Chuck Norris.

And finally, there was a recent accident at the Hornady ammunition plant in which a worker was killed. While unfortunate, Hornady is a large ammunition company, but they are significantly smaller than Winchester or Vista/ATK (Federal and Speer). Hornady does not even make their own primers or powder so a temporary disruption there is not enough to have a significant impact on the market.

On Friday, the LGS reported they had a run on 9 mm ammo and were completely sold out.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

There's also the perception that WWIII might just be about to break out.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

We probably won't see anything over here before Tuesday anyway. I was at a big local gun store yesterday and they had plenty of .223 & 5.56. Their prices were double those of anyone else, but they were stocked.
    Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem
    I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude
    -Thomas Jefferson
    I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery.

I suspect we are going to see the cost of ammo slowly increase until after the next presidential election.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    There's also the perception that WWIII might just be about to break out.
    Even worse, ‘24 is an election year.

Glad Im already sitting on roughly 3500 rnds of 9mm HST hollow points and another 3600-4K FMJ.

Prolly could stand to pick up another 1-2K of training ammo to tide me over tho. 🤣🤷

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Meanwhile the actual attack looks like this:

https://www.usnews.com/news/us/artic...war-police-say

Illinois Man Killed Muslim Boy, 6, in Hate Crime Motivated by Israeli-Hamas War, Police Say

Police charged a 71-year-old suburban Chicago man Sunday with a hate crime for fatally stabbing a 6-year-old boy and seriously wounding a 32-year-old woman

CHICAGO (AP) — Police charged a 71-year-old suburban Chicago man Sunday with a hate crime for fatally stabbing a 6-year-old boy and seriously wounding a 32-year-old woman, alleging he singled out both victims because of their Islamic faith and as a response to the war between Israel and Hamas.

“Detectives were able to determine that both victims in this brutal attack were targeted by the suspect due to them being Muslim and the on-going Middle Eastern conflict involving Hamas and the Israelis,” the Will County Sheriff's Office said in a statement posted to social media.

Officers found both victims late Saturday morning at a home in an unincorporated area of Plainfield Township, roughly 40 miles (65 kilometers) southwest of Chicago.

The boy, who was pronounced dead at the hospital, was stabbed 26 times with a large military-style knife, according to an autopsy Sunday, the sheriff's office said. The woman had more than a dozen stab wounds on her body. She remained hospitalized Sunday, but was expected to survive.

The man suspected of the crime was found Saturday outside “sitting upright outside on the ground near the driveway of the residence” with a cut on his forehead, police said.

He was in custody Sunday and awaiting a court appearance. Police charged him with first-degree murder, attempted first-degree murder, two counts of hate crimes and aggravated battery with a deadly weapon.

Authorities did not release the names of the deceased, but the Chicago office of the Council on American-Islamic Relations planned a Sunday news conference with a family member and identified the victims as as Wadea Al-Fayoume, a Palestinian-American boy who had recently turned 6, and his mother Hanaan Shahin.

They had lived on the ground floor of the house for two years, according to the organization, saying the suspect was their landlord. Citing text messages from the mother to the boy's father, the suspect reportedly yelled, “You Muslims must die!” ahead of the stabbing, according to CAIR-Chicago.

The Muslim civil liberties organization called the crime “our worst nightmare," and part of a disturbing spike in hate calls and emails since the outbreak of violence in the Middle East.

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    And yet, I’m trying to sell about 1000 rnds of premium .40 at fmj prices locally and nobody is buying……

Haven’t been to the lgs in the last couple days but a few days ago it seemed the shelves were full in my AO.

User Tag List