Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Presented Without Comment

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post

4) Did anyone else cringe when eh said it was his “responsibility” to take out a good guy with a gun if the good guy is missing. I mean, I see what hes trying to get at but the way he phrased it…. Eww.
    Yeah that actually caught my attention more than the other antics of the video.

Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Warped Mindless View Post
    . . . and knows that the controversy this will cause will get him views. This is, in my opinion, why hes doing it.
    The problem is, those who don't know better, will think this is necessary, and believe they too should take the foolish risk to do this. He may get the "clicks," "likes," and "subscriptions," he wants, but some of those people might get hurt, or killed, following his lead.

I do think its important to, at least once, do drills where your buddy is down range. I have many times but we used airsoft or sim guns.
    "Sims" or "Airsoft" are a much better way to do something like this, if you feel its necessary, and better manage risk. Even then, there are safety considerations, and unfortunately I've seen some reckless behavior with "sims."
    Last edited by DMF13; 10-15-2023 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    So, he got out his bow & arrow, a target, and my aunt and tried to reproduce the scene. Instead, he hit my aunt in the leg, and they had to go to the hospital.
    Who was still sober enough to drive to the hospital?...

Quote Originally Posted by BWT View Post
    I shot a no-shoot twice at an IDPA match earlier this week.

You gotta ask yourself… do you feel lucky?
    OMG though, that sense of satisfaction when you’re down zero on the no-shoot? This is one of the many reasons to stick with cardboard.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Who was still sober enough to drive to the hospital?...
    My very, very unhappy grandparents.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TDA View Post
    OMG though, that sense of satisfaction when you’re down zero on the no-shoot? This is one of the many reasons to stick with cardboard.
    It was actually a no shoot next to a regular target. The large down zero in the middle was obscured about half-ish way. I pulled it about an inch or two into the down 3 on the hostage. Then just shot the regular in the down zero in the head twice.

That was my original plan but I talked over my stage plan with another guy and he said go for the down zero it was larger. While he was correct - for some reason I still managed to err into the other target twice.

I don’t remember if pass through was a thing or not and just shot the head.

It is what it is.

Even if it’s a smaller target - it’s further from the hostage. I figure shoot as far away as I can.

Anyway. It was just funny to say here.
    God Bless,

Brandon

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    What is the added training value?
    The problem is that it's unnecessary.
    I didn't watch, I didn't want to click on the clickbait.
    Seems like a case could be made for having familiarity with being under fire, but that would have the trainee down range, not the trainer.
    In this case we all knew the answer before the question: Clicks...

I remember something similar in a Larry Vickers video with some kind of Russian SF. It's no different now than it was then. Dumb and done for "cool" and "badass" clout.

@TGS hit the nail on the head. Bounding, and other drills and techniques can't be performed with a completely clear down range area. But they serve a purpose, and this is just recycled macho bullshit.

These people know how ridiculous this is. But differentiating your growing channel on Youtube requires you to take risks. The controversy it's going to cause is the point.

"When Hamas attacks"??? Bullshit clickbait. Is this guy going to Israel to volunteer? If not, STFU and stop trying to make money off the atrocities that happened.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List