Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RFI: Scattergun Technologies

Don't change that light. It is lighter than the newer models. It only has a momentary switch, so it doesn't lock on, but thats ok. They are heavy with the newer SF light, extended mag, and full side saddle. I sold my HD 870s during the pandemic because of the weight.

Look at the lifter when you get it. It should have a u-shaped cut in it. That means it has the flexi-tab modification which which you want on a self defense shotgun. It allows you to clear a shell that jumps the shell stop by racking the pump. I bought an old wingmaster and had to replace those parts when I set it up for HD. Now I own a Benelli M2 instead.

You will like that gun. I set up my 870s just like that when I had them.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    I’d just get a Malkoff replacement LED for the forend. I’ve done that to one, I need to order a couple more. I bought a junky 870 recently as it had that old style forend on it.
    And . . . . I forgot to mention that I did exactly that about three years ago. Sorry for failing to mention that earlier.

Site Supporter
    I built my Wilson Clone myself and it's a great SBS. I would keep the old school light as the new version is heavy and somewhat complicated.
    Name:  SBS Left Side.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  100.4 KB
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

https://www.surefire.com/lm2-b-bk/
    This is what you seek to update the Forend to 1,000 lumens. I love the older Nashville Scattergun Remingtons, they are usually built on 870 Magnum/Police Magnum base guns.

Quote Originally Posted by dcf1981 View Post
    This is what you seek to update the Forend to 1,000 lumens. I love the older Nashville Scattergun Remingtons, they are usually built on 870 Magnum/Police Magnum base guns.
    Well that’s interesting

Thanks very much for sharing that information!

Quote Originally Posted by 1911Nut View Post
    The forend with built in Surefire light is almost comically obsolete today, given all the advancements in light technology, and I need to address that issue. The only "repairs" the shotgun has needed is replacement of the tritium insert in the front sight when it burned completely out at about the 14-15 year mark.
    The bulb is obsolete, but the forearm damn sure isn't. Keep that (or, sell it to me).

Quote Originally Posted by DamonL View Post
    Don't change that light. It is lighter than the newer models. It only has a momentary switch, so it doesn't lock on, but thats ok. They are heavy with the newer SF light, extended mag, and full side saddle.
    He's right.

This is what you seek to update the Forend to 1,000 lumens.
    That's a solid addition, I've got one. I pulled it off when a beta light from a MMM company arrived. Fits the Surefire end, running with today's technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Erick Gelhaus View Post
    The bulb is obsolete, but the forearm damn sure isn't. Keep that (or, sell it to me).

He's right.

That's a solid addition, I've got one. I pulled it off when a beta light from a MMM company arrived. Fits the Surefire end, running with today's technology.
    Erick:

I had already upgraded the bulb with a Malkoff lamp. Will probably upgrade the forearm with the above mentioned Surefire light.

I think I’ll get the SureFire upgrade for my primary 870 and move the Malkoff to my Tac14.

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Not here yet, but there's a pic from the vendor.

Attachment 110538

Nothing fancy, just a solid working shotgun with a few smart tweaks: ghost ring sights, light, 12" LOP, and SGT goodness on the internals. I see three uses for it.
    1. Suburban home defense. Ammo will likely be Federal Flite Control of some sort.
    2. Hunting small game in bear country, for which I'll likely keep a high-base #6 in the chamber and a magazine full of slugs.
      [*]Calling bears in dense brush along the creek bottoms on tree farms. All slugs all the time for that.

I'll take the batteries out of the light for hunting so the game wardens don't get the wrong impression and put them back in when I keep it around the house.

Okie John
    I want to know more about the “redded” part- #3…….

User Tag List