Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: CZ ND observed today

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This post is worth the thread. I bet many bedside guns are without a holster.
    Fully loaded guns in my house are always in a holster, even when in a safe. Fully loaded = chambered. Unintentionally, I realized it had another benefit. My wife asked me if she went in the big safe in a hurry. How would she know what guns were ready to go? I said, anything that’s in a holster. So, conversely, no, guns will go on holsters, unless they are fully loaded.

My DA/SA bedside firearm isn't a race gun.

So, what do you guys with kids in the first keep beside guns specifically handguns?

I keep a carbine next to it instead of a sidearm. I know it has its own issues though too. I talk to my son about firearms regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ubet View Post
    So, what do you guys with kids in the first keep beside guns specifically handguns?

I keep a carbine next to it instead of a sidearm. I know it has its own issues though too. I talk to my son about firearms regularly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My wife and I once mentored two boys. We locked all guns except a holstered Browning Hi-Power in condition one. Its magazine disconnect was intact. I kept the magazine in a case/pouch worn on my belt. Even then I stored the pistol out of sight in a bedroom closet. Today PF member @Flamingo owns this fine pistol.

I landed on keeping my pants by the bed with a holstered gun in them. That way, I have everything I carry ready as soon as I pants up.

I have my home defense handgun in an under bed safe, in a Safepacker with a shoulder strap. I like being able to carry it in any state of dress, without having to have it exposed or in hand.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Little kids also tend to figure out they can get more leverage on the heavy triggers by turning the muzzle towards themselves and using the thumbs of both hands to press forward on the triggers. This leads to predictably tragic consequences as the muzzles are generally pointing at their chests. Kids are smarter than many adults give them credit for. They can and will find your unsecured guns and they’ll figure out how to work the triggers.
    I've mentioned this incident before, but my cousin's two year old son shot himself in the face like this. Bullet struck a bit above the right eye socked and miraculously skirted over the top of the skull, just splitting his scalp open. 100% recovery but still an awful event that could have been easily avoided.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Fully loaded guns in my house are always in a holster, even when in a safe. Fully loaded = chambered. Unintentionally, I realized it had another benefit. My wife asked me if she went in the big safe in a hurry. How would she know what guns were ready to go? I said, anything that’s in a holster. So, conversely, no, guns will go on holsters, unless they are fully loaded.
    Same for me, all pistols are loaded, in a holster, in a safe, and then the long gun in cruiser ready. The only pistols not in a holster are Colt SAA clones.

User Tag List