Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Even Glocks break...

Some folks like the setup.

First, let me say I too am impressed with your working consistently with a single piece for so long. I have a 19 from that era-youngest daughter has it now, and is a Gunsite graduate with it. I bought her another Glock-a Gen4-awhile back so old faithful can rest.
    @GJM set up a 26MOS similar to your thinking, except I believe he used an EPS. The description is at the end of the G26 thread.
    I have a 4 or 5 year old 5th gen 26 with irons, and while it doesn’t have a high round count~2,000 rounds or so, it’s carried regularly, with no problems. It shoots better than I can with irons now.
    I don’t have a ton of time on the 509T, but several folks at work have run them and had no issues. One instructor really liked the green version,FWIW.
    In short, I think you propose a solid combination. My only suggestion would be to look at an ACRO footprint, but I am partial to that mfg. There are other sight choices with that footprint: C&H “DUTY”(our sample working well), a newcomer from Lead& Steel, the PB-3(looks good, but we literally just got one to test)and I think the Steiner MPS will work on that cut(an ACRO plate fit).
    Best of luck
    Last edited by 1Rangemaster; 11-23-2023 at 09:08 AM.

I really like the EPS full size with a 6 moa dot.

Name:  IMG_5819.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  67.0 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I really like the EPS full size with a 6 moa dot.

Name:  IMG_5819.jpg
Views: 377
Size:  67.0 KB
    What irons are you running on that, please sir?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
    OK, kind of a drift, but not really...

I got a new Gen 3 slide and a new barrel from Glock (mine was bulged), so my old ass frame 19 is up and running again.
    The chamber on the new barrel is much tighter than my previous barrel...more so than on my 17. The new 19 barrel feeds factory ammo fine (several types) (Most importantly my 147 gr HST's). I can tweak my handloads to accommodate it. No biggie.

Question and input request...and thoughts.

Before I send my 19 slide in to be milled at ATEi I've been giving some thought into picking up a Gen 5 Glock 26.

The previous info and suggestions you folks provided on the Gen 5 Glocks make sense to me. I gave my previous G26 to my son a few years back. So there's a void.

What do you guys and gals think of a Gen 5 G26 milled for a Holosun 509T?

I have plenty of mags. holsters etc to accommodate a 26.

Just really seeking out the group opinion of this combination for my everyday carry role. I know that's a decision for me to make, just looking for any "contra-opinions" if there are any.

FWIW I was carrying my RMR G17 in my usual Dale Fricke AIWB.
    and my suppressor height front sight fell off and got lost in the gravel Sunday... Karmic Debt Shit I suppose.
    New one arrives Saturday according to Ameriglo. <sigh>

TIA

And Happy Thanksgiving!
    The 26.5 makes a ton of sense, because a 26 makes a ton of sense - a 26.3 was my first Glock, and if I had to reduce the accumulation of pistols to one or two, would be the one, or one of the two.

So much so that the only two guns on my current T-day road trip are my G26.3 and a 442.

My next gun purchase will probably be a G26.5. The 26.3 will then be the back-up. I will probably eventually mill the gen 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    The 26.5 makes a ton of sense, because a 26 makes a ton of sense - a 26.3 was my first Glock, and if I had to reduce the accumulation of pistols to one or two, would be the one, or one of the two.

So much so that the only two guns on my current T-day road trip are my G26.3 and a 442.

My next gun purchase will probably be a G26.5. The 26.3 will then be the back-up...
    We can hang out.

The 26 is the only gun I have two of. My original Gen 2.5 and a Gen 5. I have two because if one is down, I have a second for last minute travel out of state, if need be.

For walking around near home, the 642 gets the nod.

(My other Glocks generally stay home in the safe or perform nightstand duty.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

OK, kind of a drift, but not really...

I got a new Gen 3 slide and a new barrel from Glock (mine was bulged), so my old ass frame 19 is up and running again.
    The chamber on the new barrel is much tighter than my previous barrel...more so than on my 17. The new 19 barrel feeds factory ammo fine (several types) (Most importantly my 147 gr HST's). I can tweak my handloads to accommodate it. No biggie.

Question and input request...and thoughts.

Before I send my 19 slide in to be milled at ATEi I've been giving some thought into picking up a Gen 5 Glock 26.

The previous info and suggestions you folks provided on the Gen 5 Glocks make sense to me. I gave my previous G26 to my son a few years back. So there's a void.

What do you guys and gals think of a Gen 5 G26 milled for a Holosun 509T?

I have plenty of mags. holsters etc to accommodate a 26.

Just really seeking out the group opinion of this combination for my everyday carry role. I know that's a decision for me to make, just looking for any "contra-opinions" if there are any.

FWIW I was carrying my RMR G17 in my usual Dale Fricke AIWB.
    and my suppressor height front sight fell off and got lost in the gravel Sunday... Karmic Debt Shit I suppose.
    New one arrives Saturday according to Ameriglo. <sigh>

TIA

And Happy Thanksgiving!

If you plan to get other gen 5 pistols in the future, I would get a gen 5 g19 cut down to accept 26 mags but have the back strap go a little further down then the typical 26 length.

Then if you get a g19,g45,47,49 down the road, everything would be interchangeable.

Thank you all for your responses and input. It’s appreciated.

I didn’t mean to dodge out on the thread, but decided to run to the range for a few hours to pattern some buckshot in my Shockwave and to shoot that 19 on some steel. I'm so slow you could time me with a sundial! But it was good to run with just the Ameriglo suppressor height sights a bit.

@1Rangemaster Congrats to your daughter! I know you must be very proud of her. & That's good parenting!
    I attended 250 & 260 looong ago (’93 & ’95). Incredible people there.

I recall seeing some pics of GJM ‘s 26 in that thread. I had a 26 G.3 from 2003 until I gave it to my son a couple of years ago. Very shootable little gun. Even shot it in a couple of Polite Society matches at Tom’s in Memphis. It didn’t/doesn’t have near the number of rounds through it.
    I've really grown to like that 509T, even with astigmatism & bifocals it works for me.
    And God knows I wish the industry would standardize a footprint. But we've come a long way in a few years, I guess.

Beautiful 26 @GJM! My old eyes could use a 6 MOA dot. EPS will go on my “want list”.

Thank you @Duelist and @blues! An LCR retired my 1992 640 about 4 years ago. Lighter weight in my pocket or a set of scrubs!

@EVP LOL, I thinned the herd a few years ago as I hit retirement age. But I know how powerful the urge can be. I’ve handled/shot a few of the altered “long slides”. It’s interesting, just not for me.

Any and all opinions and info welcomed always. I'm here to learn and you folks are a great resource.

Checking the Black Friday electronic flyers of a G.5 26

My 26.4 with a 6moa EPS Carry

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Very nice @Clusterfrack!

What mag base are you using? My Google skills are faulty. TIA

OK. I have a plan now. Thinking G-26.5 with EPS Carry 6MOA Red.
    I do want to see an EPS Carry "in the flesh" first and my eyes see the Red better than Green (which kinda surprised me after reading about Red vs Green, astigmatism, and such).

As always, plans are subject to change and budget. But at least I have a direction.

Gonna start a deep dive into the G26.5 thread this weekend.

Very nice @Clusterfrack!

What mag base are you using? My Google skills are faulty. TIA
    That's a 12rd Pmag from Magpul...

https://magpul.com/pmag-12-gl9-glock...obal_color=118

User Tag List