Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1911 9mm Question

Carry cocked and unlocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Not many options at this time. One manufacturer told me that, as of a month ago, no form guns had been manufactured. I think some kydex benders are finding something close and calling it good.

ANR seems to pop up consistently when I do a google search.

https://www.anrkydexholsters.com/pro...dix-with-claw/
    Dave: I think Red Hill Tactical makes an IWB holster for the DWX Compact.

Quote Originally Posted by DueSpada View Post
    Carry cocked and unlocked.
    ???
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    ???
    Second.

It may be worth trying a 2011/1911 holster from Tenicor. They're designed to fit a wide range of 2011 and 1911 guns, with different spacers included to size the holster to your gun. The way they describe them is 100% fit for Staccato 2011s and 90% or better fit for 1911s, depending on the 1911. I carry a 1911 in one and would say that's accurate.

No idea if it would actually work, but they ship quick and they're easy to offload because they're popular.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichiban View Post
    Not many options at this time. One manufacturer told me that, as of a month ago, no form guns had been manufactured. I think some kydex benders are finding something close and calling it good.

ANR seems to pop up consistently when I do a google search.

https://www.anrkydexholsters.com/pro...dix-with-claw/
    ANR does indeed list a IWB Kydex holster for the DWX Compact. I may order one but I want to check out the Red Hill Tactical mentioned by 1911Nut.

Dave

PS: The post about cocked and unlocked went right over or right by my head too. Curiouser and couriouser.
    Last edited by Dave T; 10-21-2023 at 11:20 AM.

Site Supporter
    This will probably be my last contribution to this thread, but I do have some updates.

First I got a chance to handle a 9mm Dan Wesson Valor. My goodness was the slide easy to manipulate. Locked it back showing clear every time I tried it, and with my weaker left hand too. I'd love to own one of those but it would end up being a range gun as it's too big and heavy for my old, crippled self to haul around.

And yesterday I got to shoot the DWX Compact. Federal 147g FMJs and some Winchester 147g Bonded Rangers functioned flawlessly through all 4 magazines. I even hit what I was shooting at most of the time. The short, clean breaking trigger stroke will take some getting used to after so many years of Glocks and DA revolvers. However I do think I'm going to enjoy working on it. (smile)

Dave

User Tag List