Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG P226 XFIVE LEGION

SIG P226 XFIVE LEGION

Well, this is intriguing.

SIG P226 XFIVE LEGION

DETAILS
    The new P226-XFIVE LEGION represents the pinnacle in design and engineering excellence. Featuring SIG SAUER’s innovative slide-integrated expansion chamber for reduced recoil and the all-new AX3 three-way, fully-adjustable, flat-faced trigger for complete control. The P226-XFIVE LEGION also features suppressor height XRAY3 front and adjustable rear sights and the signature Cerakote Elite LEGION Gray finished frame and optic-ready slide, fitted with custom LEGION TXG grips. The new P226-XFIVE LEGION is truly the ultimate addition to the LEGION.

LEGION Gray Slide with Integrated Expansion Chamber
    LEGION Pattern Black TXG Grip Panels with Magwell
    Flat Face AX3 Fully Adjustable Trigger System
    Suppressor-Height XRAY3 Front and Adjustable Rear
    (3) 20-Round Magazines with Alloy Basepads or (3) 10-Round Magazines

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Saw that yesterday, and it definitely peaked my interest. Not sure what an "integrated expansion chamber" is...

I have a pistol fairly close in configuration to this one.

It is a Sig P320 Spectre Comp Blackout Edition. I had the "Sig Armorer" do a trigger job on it and I added an extended magazine release.

Just started playing around with it. It is an optic ready model, and I added Leupold Deltapoint Pro red dot 6 MOA optic (direct mount). It comes with a tungsten infused grip frame and weighs 42.4 oz. empty with an empty 17 round magazine inserted. I have shot it in a couple of local IDPA matches in Carry Optic division.

I don't think the "comp" does anything to reduce felt recoil, reduce muzzle rise, or contribute to reduced split or transition times of this pistol at all . . . just my opinion. But I have only shot 124 grain ammo with a power factor of 137 (1110 MV) in it so far.

The jury is still out on whether I prefer this pistol over a CZ SP-01 Shadow converted to SAO with a straight trigger and Trijicon SRO red dot 5 MOA optic.

Rear sight cranked all the way up and a very visible gap between the front sight and the slide in the promo photo?
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    Saw that yesterday, and it definitely peaked my interest. Not sure what an "integrated expansion chamber" is...
    They have convinced the general public that fake comps work and are now trying to see if it works on the competition crowd. Anything they can upcharge for….

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    They have convinced the general public that fake comps work and are now trying to see if it works on the competition crowd. Anything they can upcharge for….
    My first reaction was that this product was not aimed at competition, but rather towards hobbyists, since the porting puts you into USPSA Open division. Perhaps it would be legal in IDPA?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My first reaction was that this product was not aimed at competition, but rather towards hobbyists, since the porting puts you into USPSA Open division. Perhaps it would be legal in IDPA?
    Please don’t confuse me with someone who really knows what they are talking about; I’m admittedly ignorant wrt things competition . I’m just grumbling that SIG has found a new way to convince people to part with their money by offering a cool looking “comp” that may or may not compensate.

Ugh Sig marketing….

A supposed “X five” not built by the German custom shop(now shut down?)… Not interested.

I miss those German custom shop Sigs, they were absolutely fantastic!

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Allowable in IDPA ESP or CO.

Some interesting weasel wording in USPSA.

APPENDIX D9–Limited Optics Division (Provisional)

15. Compensators permitted. No
    16. Barrel ports permitted. No
    17. Slide ports permitted. Yes

I suspect that when that rule was written, the author was thinking about the various flutes, toots, slots, and holes cut for slide mass reduction and Cool Factor. But that is not what it SAYS. You could have fun arguing the subject at a match, you could write NROI and lock it down.
    Code Name: JET STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Watson View Post
    Allowable in IDPA ESP or CO.

Some interesting weasel wording in USPSA.

APPENDIX D9–Limited Optics Division (Provisional)

15. Compensators permitted. No
    16. Barrel ports permitted. No
    17. Slide ports permitted. Yes

I suspect that when that rule was written, the author was thinking about the various flutes, toots, slots, and holes cut for slide mass reduction and Cool Factor. But that is not what it SAYS. You could have fun arguing the subject at a match, you could write NROI and lock it down.
    I believe that NROI, not too long ago, came out with a specific ruling addressing this, and making those ports illegal except for Open.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List