Thread: TFB TV Interview with CZ CEO - No deails yet but new P-10 coming

TFB TV Interview with CZ CEO - No deails yet but new P-10 coming

TFB TV had a 15 minute interview with the CZ CEO and got to ask him some questions

There's some interesting tidbids on here. CZ Bren coming out in .300 blackout. Plans to add optics ready models to the entire line of pistols. The most interesting thing to me though is he was asked if the very low prices on the CZ P-10 are because it will be discontinued and he said it won't be discontinued but there is a new model coming that will run side by side with the P10 for a while.

I'm wondering what they could be updating on the gun. Better optics system? Going full modular chasis styel like the P320? He mentioned better ergonomics maybe they are going to achieve that with a modular system?

I realize this is the *pistol* forum, but what I need to hear from those dummies at CZ is “We’re really sorry, we royally screwed up, and we’re bringing back the 452, 527, and 550, including the FS models in all calibers.” Then, and only then, will I be happy with CZ again lol.

Anyway, to be somewhat on topic , I’ve resisted the purchase of a P-10 solely because I’ve been moving back towards DA/SA and want an SP-01, P-01, and PCR first. But if they offer a modular system, it would certainly intrigue me. The P-10 at present feels good in my hands, but I’d like more texture. Being able to buy a grip module that fits me well and is grippy (looking at you, WC) would be amazing!

Site Supporter
    Very excited for Bren2 support and updates. My Bren2 has been my favorite rifle for the last couple of years.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    I realize this is the *pistol* forum, but what I need to hear from those dummies at CZ is “We’re really sorry, we royally screwed up, and we’re bringing back the 452, 527, and 550, including the FS models in all calibers.” Then, and only then, will I be happy with CZ again lol.

Anyway, to be somewhat on topic , I’ve resisted the purchase of a P-10 solely because I’ve been moving back towards DA/SA and want an SP-01, P-01, and PCR first. But if they offer a modular system, it would certainly intrigue me. The P-10 at present feels good in my hands, but I’d like more texture. Being able to buy a grip module that fits me well and is grippy (looking at you, WC) would be amazing!
    Even with the current P-10 it's easy enough to add some grip tape to it. I use Talon grips on almost all of my guns at this point to get something more aggressive.

I am genreally pleased with the P-10C I have but I had been considering getting a P-10F to use in USPSA. As much as I like my current G45 setup the P10 is just ever so slightly easier for me to use.

I know it will never happen but I'd love a steel frame P-10 to have a striker version of the S2. They make a Competition P10F now but it's just a regular F with TiN gold barrel and an HBI trigger.

What I found interesting is that the CEO said his favorite CZ pistol is the new Shadow2 Compact.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by mrozowjj View Post
    Even with the current P-10 it's easy enough to add some grip tape to it. I use Talon grips on almost all of my guns at this point to get something more aggressive.

I am genreally pleased with the P-10C I have but I had been considering getting a P-10F to use in USPSA. As much as I like my current G45 setup the P10 is just ever so slightly easier for me to use.

I know it will never happen but I'd love a steel frame P-10 to have a striker version of the S2. They make a Competition P10F now but it's just a regular F with TiN gold barrel and an HBI trigger.
    I also use Talon Grips (on a PX4), and while they DO work, I find them to be more of a temporary stopgap than a good long-term solution like better stippling, IMO. We’ll all have to wait and see what they come up with!

My guess is the P-10 won't be discontinued YET... but in time if the new model catches heavy enough market share it will likely find itself occupying the same share of the market the P-10 held. It seems suggestive that the new model is actually an improvement/upgrade to the P-10 or at least the basis for the new model.

Quote Originally Posted by Basher View Post
    That's not how business' really work, if the only thing that mattered was making the product that most satisfied the customer... that is. From a manufacturing perspective what they are producing now is a big upgrade for them and in some ways for the average consumer. What do you feel is wrong with the replacements for those models in general that has you up-fended?

User Tag List