Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Disney buys Lucasfilm announces Star Wars Episode 7

Disney buys Lucasfilm announces Star Wars Episode 7

J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

oh dear God, please let it die....please. The original three films were great, but the Prequel wasn't worth seeing. I went to see two fo them, walked in in the middle of the second, never saw "episode three" at all.

I understand that hollywierd is completely out of new ideas, hence the remake of every TV show and movie from the 50's through the 80's but come on people, give it a rest.

There, I think I know how I feel
    "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week."
    ~ General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by gstanfield View Post
    oh dear God, please let it die....please. The original three films were great, but the Prequel wasn't worth seeing. I went to see two fo them, walked in in the middle of the second, never saw "episode three" at all.

I understand that hollywierd is completely out of new ideas, hence the remake of every TV show and movie from the 50's through the 80's but come on people, give it a rest.

There, I think I know how I feel
    Episode 3 made sitting through 1 and 2 justifiable. IMO.
    J.M. Johnston
    Host of Ballistic Radio - Sundays at 7:00 PM EST on Cincinnati's 55KRC THE Talk Station, available on iHeartRadio

Stop ruining my childhood favorites!!!
    Evil requires the sanction of the victim. - Ayn Rand

Honestly, I don't think they'll do any worse than what George Luke-ass has been doing to the franchise since 1997 (1983 for those that hated ROtJ, ewoks, and all that.)
    twitter.com/ddbaxte

The fact that Disney is at the helm of the Star Wars franchise just taints it for me. Lucas and his later Jar Jar infested kids movies were weak sauce, but they at least still had the original bloodline involved in their production. Disney excels at producing drug addicted worn out child stars and animated movies for 6 year olds, but not anything even remotely to the scale of Star Wars.

This was the first thing hat popped into my head when I read that story (probably NSFW):

For some context: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Free_Hat

When you wish upon a Death Star...

But in all seriousness, they can't very well run the franchise any further into the ground than Lucas did himself.

Well, if it gives Mr. Plinkett more ammo for his reviews, then bring on the tshi*!

*means "disappointment in the cooking of the duck meat".

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    The fact that Disney is at the helm of the Star Wars franchise just taints it for me. Lucas and his later Jar Jar infested kids movies were weak sauce, but they at least still had the original bloodline involved in their production. Disney excels at producing drug addicted worn out child stars and animated movies for 6 year olds, but not anything even remotely to the scale of Star Wars.
    Disney has produced some surprisingly quality films in recent years like "Meet the Robinsons" to counterbalance some crap movies while Lucas hasnt produced a decent film since Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade (which he didnt direct).
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Lucas_filmography

User Tag List