Thread: Riton "steals" Viridian's Enclosed Emitter Optic

Riton "steals" Viridian's Enclosed Emitter Optic

New from Riton is an enclosed emitter that bears a striking resemblance to the Viridian offering. The difference would seem to be the color and size of the dot. The price is a bit better as well.

Just as the CHPWS Duty appears to be the Swamp Fox Kraken with only one recoil lug, it would seem whichever Chinese company is making this unit for both Riton and Viridian.

I still say the 509T is the best of the budget enclosed optics given overall size, battery, reticle options etc. If and when Holosun decides to make a 509ACRO I think they will own that footprint market.

Anyway:

https://ritonoptics.com/product/3-tactix-eed/

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

The parent company of Swampfox Optics is Shanghai Changhong Optoelectric, who continues to OEM for other companies. I've long suspected they make a bunch of Riton's red dots because they are extremely similar to the Swampfox lineup. I had good luck with a couple of Swampfox open emitter dots I used to own, but I think the Kraken is a bad design coming from an attempt to copy the Acro and placate Aaron Cowan's testing at the same time. It's too heavy and doesn't fair well when tested against water. Holosun came up with their own enclosed design instead of copying and hit it out of the park in my opinion. The only thing they need to do is offer all of the EPS options on the 509, and if they adopted the Acro footprint that would be very interesting on what it does to the market on this type of optic.

erick gelhaus

Re the 509 footprint ....

There is now a second optic with the 509T footprint, it is another Holosun offering that looks like an Aimpoint T1/T2;
    By my last count (no I cant recall all the makes/models), there are seven optics with the Acro footprint or close enough to it they might as well have it;

fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by stomridertx View Post
    The parent company of Swampfox Optics is Shanghai Changhong Optoelectric, who continues to OEM for other companies. I've long suspected they make a bunch of Riton's red dots because they are extremely similar to the Swampfox lineup. I had good luck with a couple of Swampfox open emitter dots I used to own, but I think the Kraken is a bad design coming from an attempt to copy the Acro and placate Aaron Cowan's testing at the same time. It's too heavy and doesn't fair well when tested against water. Holosun came up with their own enclosed design instead of copying and hit it out of the park in my opinion. The only thing they need to do is offer all of the EPS options on the 509, and if they adopted the Acro footprint that would be very interesting on what it does to the market on this type of optic.
    If they did a 509T with over if the EPS 6 MOA dots I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    I tried to find it again, but I can’t. But I just read a post on another forum not long ago saying how with these Chinese companies, all they’re really doing is building optics to your specs. You don’t really “own” the technology or design. So if you say, “Build me an optic that does this and looks this,” and someone else says, “Hey, I also want an optic that does that and looks like that,” there’s not much you can do about it. The guy who posted it was worked for, or was maybe the owner, of one the companies offering optics. I want to say it was Lead & Steel but could be wrong.

User Tag List