Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock Single Stack 10mm ?

Glock Single Stack 10mm ?

Is Glock coming out with a Single Stack 10mm? Would you purchase one? I think that would be a great addition to the Glock slime line of handguns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLAalP-Yoq0

I love 10mm, love Glock pistols, but a slimline makes no sense in 10mm for me. The slimline pistols have been more ammo/reliability sensitive than full size Glock pistols, and the main argument for a G20 for my use is 15 rounds of goodness in the field. Less reliability and less capacity seems unattractive.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

YouTuber regurgitating GlockTalk rumors aside, I think @GJM is spot on. And I say that as someone who would love a such a thing… until it’s time to shoot it. I’m sure there are few prototypes in the depths of the Glock factory but I have a hunch they’ll stay in obscurity.

I’d much rather see the 29 get the G5 reissue, or just stay with a 9/40 option and good loads, like @Lost River and his G22.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    YouTuber regurgitating GlockTalk rumors aside, I think @GJM is spot on. And I say that as someone who would love a such a thing… until it’s time to shoot it. I’m sure there are few prototypes in the depths of the Glock factory but I have a hunch they’ll stay in obscurity.

I’d much rather see the 29 get the G5 reissue, or just stay with a 9/40 option and good loads, like @Lost River and his G22.
    I can tell you from recent experience the 23 Gen 5 with the LTT grip anchor is a pussycat.

A really accurate one. I don't see a 10mm as any real improvement, dimension wise.

Quote Originally Posted by gruntjim View Post
    I can tell you from recent experience the 23 Gen 5 with the LTT grip anchor is a pussycat.

A really accurate one. I don't see a 10mm as any real improvement, dimension wise.
    That's exactly the route I'm going when my GSSF win Gen5 G23 arrives in November. I already have the LTT Grip Anchor on hand, and will add a Glock extended magazine release and extended slide stop/release, and probably a set of Warren Tactical sights, stoke it with Gold Dot/Winchester Ranger DocGKR vetted 180 gr for urban carry, and GJM vetted Underwood Lehigh 140 gr Xtreme Penetrators for field/wilderness use.

I personally don't have an unfilled niche that 10 mm is calling my name for-my .357 magnum revolvers fill it nicely (currently with 158 gr Federal HydraShoks).

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

I bet 5 (informed) PF dollars this rumor is BS.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by Center Shot View Post
    Is Glock coming out with a Single Stack 10mm? Would you purchase one? I think that would be a great addition to the Glock slime line of handguns?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLAalP-Yoq0
    Respectfully, I personally can’t think of a successful single stack 10mm. Colt had one back in the day(does it still?), but my recollection from shooting one a bit was it was way too much muzzle flip. And I was younger and stronger…
    I’m going to side with others here and stick with 9/.40. With the loads we’ve got these days-and @GJM ‘s generosity in testing, proving and sharing info on 9s, etc., that is what I’m carrying. The .40s by @Lost River seem pretty viable too.

A single stack compact 10mm Glock will sell. A stack and a half model would likely sell even better.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JMag View Post
    A single stack compact 10mm Glock will sell. A stack and a half model would likely sell even better.
    And the double stack version will definitely continue to sell better than either.

Quote Originally Posted by 1Rangemaster View Post
    Respectfully, I personally can’t think of a successful single stack 10mm. Colt had one back in the day(does it still?), but my recollection from shooting one a bit was it was way too much muzzle flip. And I was younger and stronger…
    I’m going to side with others here and stick with 9/.40. With the loads we’ve got these days-and @GJM ‘s generosity in testing, proving and sharing info on 9s, etc., that is what I’m carrying. The .40s by @Lost River seem pretty viable too.
    Thanks for the mention.

I fully admit the bias, but it took a bunch of time and development to finalize on the +P .40 S&W load (over a year and 2K rounds to finally get the right projectile, combined with great reliability and velocity). A poly 170 grain SWC at 1200 FPS is pretty big medicine out of a standard frame gun.

It was developed using a Gen 3 Glock 22 for the most part and tested in other guns. For whatever reason, I have had quite a few people using it in HKs. A good number of guys have mentioned that they are hunters and would rather carry their favorite .40 cal HK handgun while hunting. One customer who intended to shoot his Black Bear with the load ended up having a bear run across the road in front of him while he was going into where he hunts and he filled his tag with his rifle on the spot, so the opportunity for a field report did not happen there.

Anyways, given the accuracy of the load, it has become a favorite in what I have never considered a particularly accurate cartridge. Hoping in the future to get some good field pics.

User Tag List