Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Girsan 2311s Shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    2011 clips. The gun comes with one Checkmate mag. My Atlas mags fit in nicely. Dura Mags also fit. I'll hopefully know later today if there are any issues with feeding or slide lock.
    In that case it's false advertising on their part. I was under impression that the "2311" moniker designated a 2011 with P320 magazines. Thanks for letting us know.

Two different guns using the same monicker.
    The "2311" for Sig magazines is the Oracle, $2199 and up.
    https://oraclearms.com/firearms/2311/
    Code Name: JET STREAM

FYI they MAY use proprietary barrels, too...

Chuck Rogers found this out the hard way on a Tisas -

Trials and tribulations.....sub-titled
    "I always win."

Customer sent a 9mm Tisas rail gun and a Kart 38 Super barrel.
    "Make it work with both calibers", he demanded.
    Initial issue was breechface width. Was at .400", many 38S cases at .402" diameter, .406" is industry max.
    So I decided .413" breechface width would be good for both cartridges and allow use of the same extractor.

This required purchasing a 7/16" commercially stocked counterbore, grinding the diameter to required size, grinding a
    closely fitted pilot pin for the firing pin hole and extending the tools length by about 3".

Well.........once the breechface was done I started fitting the barrel.
    I could tell early on something was 'off'.
    ??????
    Turns out Tisas had used a proprietary barrel!!!!!
    The ding dang link pin hole was .026" closer to the chamber end than what JMB designed.
    So........I had to 'move' the hole on the new Kart barrel.

It all turned out well.......'EXCEPT' for what I made hourly on this bastid thing.
    Still, it was satisfying to get challenged.
    I realize Girsan and Tisas are not the same other than country of origin, but they're extremely close...it would not surprise me if what one did, the other followed. It may not apply to the Girsan at all, but as was documented the extractor is different and they're using a Gov't frame/slide stroke with a commander-length slide...they may have taken other liberties, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Ed View Post
    FYI they MAY use proprietary barrels, too...

Chuck Rogers found this out the hard way on a Tisas -

I realize Girsan and Tisas are not the same other than country of origin, but they're extremely close...it would not surprise me if what one did, the other followed. It may not apply to the Girsan at all, but as was documented the extractor is different and they're using a Gov't frame/slide stroke with a commander-length slide...they may have taken other liberties, too.

That fellow does some amazing work.

105 more rounds fired to get the EPS dialed and shoot a few groups. I also shot a few more with the mag out to check the extractor.

Extractor function is good and the gun continues to run without issue. I'm going to say it isn't a target gun. At 25 yards offhand I'm shooting probably 3.5" groups. Nothing to write home about but also not surprising being a "rack grade" pistol. It should shoot minute of IDPA target which is probably all anyone will ever ask of it.

The gun shoots probably 3.5" low at 7 with the EPS rear and factory front. That means my initial guess was off. I'm going to need a .110" front which is pretty much a nub.

Atlas Mags. This is the Way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

101 more rounds this morning. The gun continues to chug along. I'm probably off a round or two at this point so let's err on the side of caution and call it a total of 400.

The new Atlas grip screw kit arrived. I left the Turkish bushings and cap screws in the grip but did put the Atlas screws and bushing in the trigger guard. It is a more snug fit than the original.

I test fit an 18# flat wire spring from Shadow Systems in the Girsan. It fits the guide rod fine. The spring isn't interfering with the full stroke and the guide rod still bottoms out on the recoil spring tunnel in the slide so it should be fine in that regard. The weight is probably too heavy to run in a 9mm and/or will only cycle with hot duty ammo. But it is good to know that springs shouldn't be hard to come by.

162 more rounds fired.

I had my first stoppage which was a failure to go into battery. I took the round out and inspected it. It looked fine and chambered fine on the next feed cycle.

Here's three five shot groups at 15 yards. Ammo was a 124 LSWC poly coated. I think it is an Acme bullet? I don't recall at the moment. This was with Auto Comp. Essentially a USPSA minor load.

And then a mag of 147 Winchester Ranger. The mag is there for a general size reference.

Overall accuracy is okay. Nothing tremendous which is to be expected in my opinion given the fairly loose barrel fitment and bushing.

Another thing to note. Setting the white front sight dot slightly above the little fangs of the rear sight is probably useful for an emergency dot or battery failure. Doing this produced correct elevation at 10 yards although the group was left a good three or four inches.

I'm attending a Sage Dynamics red dot instructor class this week and will be taking the Girsan to mess with. Reading the schedule it sounds like Day 1 is entirely lecture. Days 2 and 3 are range. I'll probably use the Girsan one day and my Echelon another.

User Tag List