Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Girsan 2311s Shipping

Aaron Cowan reviews the 5" gun on his Patreon page. He ran the gun through his usual 2K test which includes the four drop tests. He doesn't have any self-ejecting mag issues and the gun was quite accurate in his testing. The only thing he found odd was the fact that he kept getting ejection failures when running the gun with one hand only. He assumes this could be cured by playing with the recoil spring. I'd say that's a good guess.

Overall he likes the gun and thinks it is a good "gateway drug" into 2011s. I would say the MAC is the better value. I don't know if Aaron has seen/shot a MAC yet.

He mentions he had a student bring a 4.25 gun to a class that ran fine. Yep. That was me....

The MIM ejection marks on the hammer of Aaron’s example practically jumped out of the screen despite the fleeting glimpse in the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    The MIM ejection marks on the hammer of Aaron’s example practically jumped out of the screen despite the fleeting glimpse in the video.
    I looked at one of the 5" guns the other day at a local shop. It had the very distinctive MIM pockmarks on the hammer that mine doesn't have. I also noticed that particular gun felt sort of like it had a bunch of sand in it. It was pretty gritty. My 4.25 is actually pretty smooth.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Gun is garbage. I’ve handled a couple of them now and they are rough.

Feels like a cheap toy in hand and the trigger is absolutely horrendous. 2011’s really need to start with Staccato and go up from there.

Quote Originally Posted by bac1023 View Post
    Gun is garbage. I’ve handled a couple of them now and they are rough.

Feels like a cheap toy in hand and the trigger is absolutely horrendous. 2011’s really need to start with Staccato and go up from there.
    I think there's a market for all these guns. But, as I've said before, the EAA Girsan is overpriced. There is nothing about the Girsan that makes it a price competitor to the Tisas. The Tisas is less money and, by early accounts, the better pistol.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

User Tag List