Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trying to identify a small admin light.

Trying to identify a small admin light.

I was at an incident the other night where an officer from another jurisdiction was wearing an interesting light clipped to his external carrier. It was small, mostly kind of flat/rectangular with a round lens. It was FDE. It had what I assume was a pocket clip but that was clipped to a mike loop on the shoulder of the carrier. I meant to ask him about it but he was gone before I could talk to him and have no means to contact him now. I have searched diligently to see if I could figure out what it is, to no avail. I have ruled out all the usual manufacturers and tried several google searches. I don't really like the little clip-on light I use as an admin light.

Anyone have any thoughts? I would guess it runs on either a single AAA or two of them side by side; it was not long enough for two batteries end-to-end.

Thanks.

I have a Nitecore Tip SE that I use every day. After using it for a week I bought a handful to give to my immediate family. It's a very useful little light. The pocketclip is removable and I flip it onto the other side to cover the buttons while it rides in my coin pocket. Perhaps it was a version of it that you saw. https://www.nitecorestore.com/Niteco...0aAgT2EALw_wcB

Is this it?

The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

The current Nightcore TIP SE has 2 LEDs in a rectangle, the previous version has one round LED.

Not my pic.
    Name:  maxresdefault.jpg
Views: 525
Size:  47.4 KB

Gringop
    Play that song about the Irish chiropodist. Irish chiropodist? "My Fate Is In Your Hands."

Site Supporter
    Streamlight Sidewinder, maybe?

I think there are a few different versions/models.
    --Jason--

Site Supporter
    The Streamlight Clip Mate linked above was my first thought. I have used one in non-tactical situations for a while now and really like it. It will clip between the bottom buttons of a polo and illuminates whatever I am working on/writing very well.
    Polite Professional

Thanks, guys but not any of those. About the size of the Nitecore, but lens was on one side, not centered, and had what I assume was a pocket clip. There appeared to be no moving parts on it. I have looked at Sreamlight, Surefire, Nitecore, Olight and other major brands, so it could be a discontinued model or something from some smaller producer.

the shape was somewhat similar to a UK dive light, but of course much, much smaller and made of metal with a clip ion it.

Name:  Foco-UK-SL4-Eled-Black-2325088187.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  39.5 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jd950 View Post
    Thanks, guys but not any of those. About the size of the Nitecore, but lens was on one side, not centered, and had what I assume was a pocket clip. There appeared to be no moving parts on it. I have looked at Sreamlight, Surefire, Nitecore, Olight and other major brands, so it could be a discontinued model or something from some smaller producer.

the shape was somewhat similar to a UK dive light, but of course much, much smaller and made of metal with a clip ion it.

Well bummer. I was hoping I guessed right.
    --Jason--

User Tag List