Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Broken foot recovery?

I am cleared by the the ortho to do some exercise now, but what I did earlier was a lot of one legged squats to a bench.

I have been trying to limp by on a fractured foot for too many years and now I get to have part of my bones removed and the entire front half of my foot fused together. I don’t recommend leaving such things unattended for more than a few years…..
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin Bravo One View Post
    I have been trying to limp by on a fractured foot for too many years and now I get to have part of my bones removed and the entire front half of my foot fused together. I don’t recommend leaving such things unattended for more than a few years…..
    Yikes, hope your procures goes well! Doesn't sound pleasant at all.

Well made it through a long chaotic week of work with no issues related to my foot.

Saw foot Dr Thursday and he said everything was looking good and said whatever weight lifting I wanted to do now for lower body was fine as long as it wasn't triggering pain past my tolerance level. Though he suggested starting lot lighter than normal workout weight.

Did short upper body workout this morning and that went fine.

From what he said about the healing stages, 2 weeks seems to be first milestone with bone fractures, I don't feel like trying lower body workout any sooner than that.

I'll probably wait till week 3 or 4 for light leg stuff. Thinking to start real easy either body weight lunges or real small bit of weight for lunges or single leg deadlifts, whichever seems easier on the bad foot, and see how it goes.

User Tag List