Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: pistol-training.com Heirloom Project

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    But pretty much any trainer, obviously.
    Obviously. But I doubt he'll have anything more to do with the project than signing for the FedEx delivery. The real work falls on the shoulders of Jason Burton, poor bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    Who's T. Yost?
    I was gonna' ask the same question???

.... otherwise the frame and slide are here... I'll dig out my lead hammer and see if I can beat them together.
    Heirloom Preicison
    www.heirloomprecision.com

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    Attachment 1352

If you don't get it, you won't get it... but if you do, that's pretty cool, huh?
    yea, that is pretty cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post

.... otherwise the frame and slide are here... I'll dig out my lead hammer and see if I can beat them together.
    See! I'm not the only one...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Burton View Post

Wait, are you saying that "hammers and curse words" aren't gunsmithing tools?

We are diminished
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ralston View Post
    See! I'm not the only one...
    Dude, this thread is about my gun. Now if you want to post some pics of that elephant hide SME you're donating for it...

Attachment 1352

If you don't get it, you won't get it... but if you do, that's pretty cool, huh?
    Very cool, and probably worth saving in and of itself.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Well, there was a very long discussion between Jason and me, but it's not something I'm going to share publicly.

Final conclusion on my part was that for the 1911, the mag well makes a very real difference in my reloads. Jason generously sent me a standard MSH assembly so I could do a side-by-side comparison and it was no contest. No amount of taper inside the gun was going to achieve what that mag chute accomplishes.

I cannot really compare concealability since the only 1911 I've ever carried has one... though I can say I don't find it an issue in terms of printing.

For double stack guns, I've never found a mag funnel particularly useful because you're inserting the narrow top end of the mag into a hole big enough for the wide body of the mag. Then again, I'm not doing 1-second reloads. Adding substantially to the width of a double stack's grip does have real concealability implications, so the trade-off isn't worth it to me.
    Todd-

Did you guys look at the Stan Chen Magwell Suite??

I got a new 1911 last year that has it, and I'm a big fan. Mag funnel functionality, but no extended length to the grip pistol because you chop part of the frame off and weld up this magwell, so the overall length is the same as a stock frame.

I can't figure out how to make the pictures smaller via the forum tags.... sorry guys.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Did you guys look at the Stan Chen Magwell Suite??
    It's hard to see from the pic - is the magwell wider than the grips?

Site Supporter
    I believe standard thickness grips are flush with the magwell.

User Tag List