Thread: Anyone have a 340PD and a 43c? Are the similar enough?

Anyone have a 340PD and a 43c? Are the similar enough?

Hey guys,

I was thinking about picking up a 43C to compliment my 340PD (which has the XS tritium dot). l used to own one of the 43c. But does anyone have both. Is the 43C similar enough in term of the sights to make it a close compliment to the 340PD? Thinking it might be good to practice with the .22 to save moolah on price .38 and .357.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    Hey guys,

I was thinking about picking up a 43C to compliment my 340PD (which has the XS tritium dot). l used to own one of the 43c. But does anyone have both. Is the 43C similar enough in term of the sights to make it a close compliment to the 340PD? Thinking it might be good to practice with the .22 to save moolah on price .38 and .357.
    I have both, and I’d say they are close enough. 43C trigger pull is heavier, and the sight is a round dot, no tritium but similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Norville View Post
    I have both, and I’d say they are close enough. 43C trigger pull is heavier, and the sight is a round dot, no tritium but similar.
    Agree with this. And if you really want tritium on both it’s just a roll pin and a drill bit away.

Also consider Rhett’s primer powered wax bullets in the 340… they’re a hoot.
    And now I have 5k shotgun primers, so I guess I’m committed to trying that for the long haul too.

Thanks for the information. I don’t have any interest in putting a tritium that on the 22. I just was hoping that the system is similar enough for practice which it seems like it probably is.

I have a 342PD and a 43c.

They are basically the same to look at and hold, but I can shoot all I want with the 43c. No so with the 342.

I find the 8 vs 5 rounds complicates things a little. Reloads are harder to plan and many drills will have a round count different from either.

I actually carry the 43c much more than the 342 simply because I shoot it better and I think round placement is necessary.

I had a 43C years ago and I actually carried it for self defense with laser grips just to be a contrarian. I think it is a pretty boss minimalist setup.

Greg, I think you have my phone number. I have both. Give me a call if you have any more questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bell View Post
    I had a 43C years ago and I actually carried it for self defense with laser grips just to be a contrarian. I think it is a pretty boss minimalist setup.
    I have this exact setup & carry it occasionally.

Decided I liked the slight improvement of the 351c (with a trigger job & full power springs) as my minimal carry these days.

I have the exposed hammer versions (360 & 317). I enjoy shooting the 317 and it definitely requires concentration to properly execute trigger control and follow thru. I always shoot 22s better than centerfire handguns - but any trigger time has got to be a benefit.

FWIW,

Paul

User Tag List