Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Shotguns in modern military combat

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    As a relevant note, the USAF still trains with, maintains, and even occasionally issues the M870 MCS to our Security Forces troopers. I armed up with one a couple of times on my last deployment for certain missions.
    Y'all using the typical Olin-mfg 00 buck?

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Y'all using the typical Olin-mfg 00 buck?
    Probably. TBH I haven't seen our duty ammo in a while, our training ammo is Olin frangible buck. The last time I armed up with a shotgun the rounds weren't in a box.

Actually that's not true, the last time I carried a shotgun I had our less lethal load out

Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Here's hoping that Federal DroneDropperTM is next.

Okie John
    Belgian Air Force Taps Benelli M4s for Drone-Busting Duty

Name:  IMG_1849.jpeg
Views: 765
Size:  76.8 KB
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Somewhat related. Does anyone have experience with this MAC 1014?

https://milarmamentcorp.com/mac-1014-wood/

James from TFB TV is known for killing the Turknelli copies. Supposedly the MAC version is better than previous products.

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Mag fed shotgun used to shoot down down a Russian FPV drone in Ukraine.
    https://twitter.com/@twitter/status/1735583306211541093
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    In many conversations with former Vietnam War infantry grunts, my small sample showed that the Marine Corps sometimes issued an Ithaca M-37 shotgun within a platoon. Army grunts never recalled seeing shotguns in the field. My comments are fyi only since we can't draw conclusion from them.

Carried a Mossberg 590 along with my M16A4/203 on many a Husaybah Iraq foot patrol in 2004... being one of two in the platoon who "spoke" shotgun fluently had its benefits.... and deficits, like figuring out how to manage two long ass fixed stock guns at the same time. Iraqis did not like when you pointed that big ass bore at them tho, worth it just for that...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

With steel shot. Why steel? Environmental concerns…?

Quote Originally Posted by dogcaller View Post
    With steel shot. Why steel? Environmental concerns…?
    Are hardened drones a possibility?

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    In many conversations with former Vietnam War infantry grunts, my small sample showed that the Marine Corps sometimes issued an Ithaca M-37 shotgun within a platoon. Army grunts never recalled seeing shotguns in the field. My comments are fyi only since we can't draw conclusion from them.
    The M37 is a very slim and smooth shotgun. I keep one in the Lost River Casa (along with my Browning A-5). Mine is the Featherlight Deerslayer version. They have a bit of recoil with full power buck and slug loads, due to the lightweight and slim design, but it is a very nice handling little gun. Great gun for traveling as well.

User Tag List