Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 308 semi s

Take a look at LMT rifles. "pewpew" discount code may work as well.
    https://www.rooftopdefense.com/produ...-ca-compliant/ This gun may should be easily convertible to "free state" standards.

Besides the various AR-10 variations (LMT MWS, KAC SR-25, DD DD5), there's also the SCAR 17S, B&T APC308, and SIG SPEAR that might be worth considering (don't think the CZ BREN 2 BR is making it over anytime soon, unfortunately).

Site Supporter
    A lot of folks, including one of the guys I work with, seem to be very happy with the new Ruger SFAR especially at the ~$1k street price.

Another old shooting buddy bought an Aero Precision M5 18in .308 upper with an adjustable gas block, and built that out using mostly Aero & other misc parts to be a suppressor host for his YHM Resonator, and with the adjustable block tweaked to match the ammo with the can mounted, it's awfully pleasant to shoot.

I'd love to say HK MR762 or SCAR 17S but suppressor support & compatibility with either is a whole mixed up thing, and magazines are spendy.

For truly baller stuff, I will say that the Knight's M110 w/matching KAC suppressor I got to shoot once during a fam fire range in ~2014 or so had me looking at Gunbroker less than 10mins later... and lamenting that I'd never be able to afford one.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy T View Post
    Take a look at LMT rifles. "pewpew" discount code may work as well.
    https://www.rooftopdefense.com/produ...-ca-compliant/ This gun may should be easily convertible to "free state" standards.
    I had an LMT MWS and it was great but a chonky bitch. Mine had the old full rail and an 18" SS barrel so there are probably lighter configurations out there.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan1980 View Post
    I've been wanting one for awhile now and just not satisfied with the available options. Was really, REALLY hoping the Ruger SFAR was going to work out, but all the complaints scared me off of it. FAL and PT91 are a bit too exotic for me, so I picked up a SA M1A SOCOM 16 used and in shot very little condition.

I've had a M1A NM for a long time but that beast is too heavy to carry around much.
    Is the SOCOM stupid loud? It definitely seems handy.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    I have nothing to add about semiauto .308s, I just want to say it’s good to see you posting again.
    I still can’t walk unassistedand my left arm doesn’t work right so it’s double silly for me to be talking about runnin and gunnnnin with any caliber until I recover further or I get one of them cool tank trackedwheelchairs
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I REALLY hope Ruger fixes the bugs in the SFAR. That would be such an easy choice of it worked.

I currently own 4 semi-auto .308 rifles. A rebarreled M1 Garand, a Springfield Scout Squad(M14), a PTR-91 (G3 clone), and an Aero Precision M5 (AR10). I also used to have a Saiga .308. I don't think any of them ever gave me a lick of trouble. I need to get an FAL one of these days. Obviously an AR10 is going to be easiest to customize and be the most adaptable to whatever you want to do with it but there is enough aftermarket support you could force any of them to do what you want within reason.

Might as well post a pic. The Scout Squad has changed a bit. I'm trying to make it look somthing like Randy Shughart's M14.

Name:  3oh-hate.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  89.1 KB
    Last edited by Bigghoss; 10-04-2023 at 10:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Since I really have absolutely no practical use for one, I'd be very hard pressed to pass up a FAL of some sort, especially one with a folding stock.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I have some time on an Sig 716g2 with an Eotech EXPS3, really nice setup.

User Tag List