Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 308 semi s

Site Supporter
    Also, @LOKNLOD is a dirty enabler….thanks to this thread I traded a couple of unused blasters in on a 16” PTR with welded top rail because I couldn’t pass up the chance to spend some time with an obsolescent Cold War bang stick and it was a decent price.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by jaabdad View Post
    POF Rogue 16" .308. The Riflespeed adjustable gas block is fantastic.

Weights just over 9lb as pictured (no mag). It's lighter than some of my AR15s. And it shoots great. Highly recommended.

The Rogue looks like a really nice rifle. I like the weight. I also like the Prescott in 6.5Manbun. I shoot 6.5 a lot more than .308. Hmmm.
    "Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master"

If I wanted one for looks or range status, any suggestion is as interesting as the next.

If I wanted a rifle that was most useful across the board of possible applications, the SCAR is the only real option I’ve come across. Lots have tried to make the AR platform become a .308, with varying degrees of success. Given the low production volumes of these products, I don’t anticipate any significant improvement or developments along those lines in the foreseeable future.

There are enough SCARs in rotation that when problems do arise they get factory engineering support for resolution. Something to be said for not having to be one of the monkeys staring at the football.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

I feel that the LMT/KAC family is also well tested. LMT was adopted as 129A1 and then A2 by the British. I don't recall seeing anything negative except its weight. If you are buying a civilian LMT, a 13.5" lightweight bbl is actually pretty handy compared to a SCAR.
    The one issue with the SCAR is the "voiding of warranty" if used suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin Bravo One View Post
    If I wanted one for looks or range status, any suggestion is as interesting as the next.

If I wanted a rifle that was most useful across the board of possible applications, the SCAR is the only real option I’ve come across. Lots have tried to make the AR platform become a .308, with varying degrees of success. Given the low production volumes of these products, I don’t anticipate any significant improvement or developments along those lines in the foreseeable future.

There are enough SCARs in rotation that when problems do arise they get factory engineering support for resolution. Something to be said for not having to be one of the monkeys staring at the football.

Well tested indeed.
    You can get much more of what you want with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.

Ive had them all. In the end I kept my SR25 EMC. Its the most well balanced, reliable, soft shooting package out of them all. I admit that I have not played with any of the newer slimmed down versions of the MWS. My original MWS was an excellent rifle but it was portly. I did like my SCAR but the KAC is just a cut above IMO.

Cool.

I like hearing samples of one that do well….especially from KAC. Having personal friends on their payroll provides some insight not always available to the masses, and I understand they took some of the criticism levied against the SR-25/Mk11 semi-functional bolt rifle, which lead to the development of the M110 which has been used for a number of years at the organizational level with such success and is held in high regard by the community end users.

But I wouldn’t take one as a gift if it came with a blow job.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Not sure I really track your fool me once comments. Are you saying there is a problem with the widely held position that the Army changed the spec of the rifle under significant protest from KAC which was the root cause of the issues? Also not sure what you mean by Bolt gun. I dont recall KAC ever making a bolt gun.

For those interested, in the accuracy department, for me, this is how ones I shot for groups stacked up:

5 shot group at 100 when I was shooting well. Some groups slightly better, some slightly worse.

OBR around .5 MOA
    GA Precision around .5 MOA
    SR25 EMC around .6 MOA
    LMT MWS around 1 MOA
    SCAR 17 around 1.2 MOA

I had no reliability issues with any of them except the GA Precision which is to be expected, it is in .260 rem with lots of experimenting.

Quote Originally Posted by shane45 View Post
    Also not sure what you mean by Bolt gun. I dont recall KAC ever making a bolt gun.
    I took that to mean the rifle did not cycle reliably and basically turned into a bolt gun.

Ahh, that makes sense! I took it literally LOL

User Tag List