Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommendations For DA/SA Hammer-Fired Concealed Carry?

P07

I have three, and one has been Cajunized. The top green one has not, but has 8lb DA and 4lb SA thru minimal dry fire and 600 rounds through it.

Great carry pistols and great shooting guns as well. I carry AIWB using a JMCK George and it’s very comfortable for me.

I would highly recommend the CZ P07.

George[ATTACH=CONFIG]110073[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Gun Free Zones Aren’t an Inhibition….they’re an Invitation.

Great feedback, keep it coming!

Interesting:

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

HK P30 in any of its variants should both meet your goals and be pretty bombproof.

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

Site Supporter
    Someone else mentioned it, but a PX4/P07/P30 are all much larger to carry than a P365XL. Unless you specifically want to go larger, depending on your body type and carry method as well as belt and holster, don't underestimate how much of a factor that could be.

Aluminum frame guns like the Beretta 92 and Sig P229/226 are also heavy and chunky if you're used to a P365 or even a Glock.

If you want to stick to the P365XL size but want a DA/SA, consider a Glock 48 with an SCD and maybe even a NY trigger spring but lighter connector for a light DA style trigger. A Beretta 80X is another option. It is larger and wider than a 365XL, but it is still a little smaller than a true double stack DA/SA.

P2000. It’s the DA/SA G19 size-wise, absolutely boring in its out-of-the-box reliability, and less bouncy than the similarly-sized USPc due to the lighter slide.

Why the threaded barrel? Can or comp?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post

I'll try to briefly sum up my reasons for preferring the P-07 over any other handgun, and also point out some possible reasons that a Glock might still be a better choice.
    Maaann, I'm a person with Glocks, but if I ever weren't, everything about this post is striking.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by RanVick View Post
    Hello, looking to pickup a new CCW. I'm looking for a hammer-fired, DA/SA with a nice trigger and may be looking to add a Dot later. I also would like a threaded barrel. Probably 9mm but that's not set in stone. I have a Sig P365XL w/TB and carry it comfortably, I just would prefer what I've mentioned. Recommendations?
    So what is your experience with TDA pistols?

What do you consider a “nice” trigger?

What is your price range considering one needs at least two and more realistically three copies of the same pistol? Also about $1500 for break in ammunition, defensive ammunition testing mags and holsters.

Why do you want a TDA? If it’s for safety reasons, what changed your mind from what you were carrying?

There is a range near me that has just about all of the mentioned above guns that one could rent and try. Do you have access to such a thing?

You may end up having to buy several and sell the ones you don’t like so you can figure out which works best for you. Much like automobiles and relationships everyone has different needs and sometimes you don’t know what they are until you try something out.

None of the above will carry like a 365 Just FYI

Good luck!

Interesting:

User Tag List