Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Pic of your favorite Glock

Pic of your favorite Glock

Modlite has moved on since then, back to X300U.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Wow! Your favorite Glock looks exactly like mine!
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

I can't explain it, but I tend to shoot the G19 frame size Glocks more consistently than the other frames even though I have large hands. This is my favorite; gen 5 G19 with the slide milled for the SRO done by Statement Defense and then coated with chromium nitride. I use it primarily for competition, hence the 5 MOA SRO. I have since then installed the Glock Performance Trigger, FBI (?) spec slightly longer and more rounded magazine catch, Dawson backup iron sights, and the brass CHPWS Speed Feed. Like the brass Speed Feed, the TLR-7 was installed to add a little bit of weight. Shooting my spare G47 MOS slide on this G19.5 frame is just plain fun.
    Name:  20221112_145252.jpg
Views: 430
Size:  66.2 KB

This is a tough one as trying to choose between a G21 .45 ACP and a G34 9mm is the issue. By far I prefer I G21 for carrying in the mountains, high desert, etc, and can carry it in town as well, but that takes a bit more effort. It can also be used as a competition gun very effectively, and I did for years in the 90s. However I don't really compete anymore and the days of the .45 in USPSA I would say are long gone.

The G34 is stupidly easy to shoot well and I very much enjoy shooting it. It also works quite well (for me) as a CCW piece when carried IWB. It is probably the easiest centerfire gun I own when it comes to getting fast and accurate hits on target. I have a couple that are more accurate, but the combo of speed and accuracy make it a standout. So with that in mind, I will make it the winner (for today).

I still am not sure that I like it better than the Glock 21 though. The G21 is simply a stellar handgun that is really a sleeper when it comes to doing so many things well. If I had the funds I would be picking up a Gen 5 and hunting with it. It could easily be the one .45 that does it all.

But for now, my old boringly reliable Gen 3 G34:

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    This is a tough one as trying to choose between a G21 .45 ACP and a G34 9mm is the issue. By far I prefer I G21 for carrying in the mountains, high desert, etc, and can carry it in town as well, but that takes a bit more effort. It can also be used as a competition gun very effectively, and I did for years in the 90s. However I don't really compete anymore and the days of the .45 in USPSA I would say are long gone.

The G34 is stupidly easy to shoot well and I very much enjoy shooting it. It also works quite well (for me) as a CCW piece when carried IWB. It is probably the easiest centerfire gun I own when it comes to getting fast and accurate hits on target. I have a couple that are more accurate, but the combo of speed and accuracy make it a standout. So with that in mind, I will make it the winner (for today).

I still am not sure that I like it better than the Glock 21 though. The G21 is simply a stellar handgun that is really a sleeper when it comes to doing so many things well. If I had the funds I would be picking up a Gen 5 and hunting with it. It could easily be the one .45 that does it all.

But for now, my old boringly reliable Gen 3 G34:

Sounds like you need a Glock 41!

Quote Originally Posted by Noah View Post
    Sounds like you need a Glock 41!
    I was going to ask @Lost River if you have messed with a G41?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by babypanther View Post
    I was going to ask @Lost River if you have messed with a G41?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have strongly considered one. Putting an RDO on one and using it as a field gun/hunting gun has a lot of appeal to it. Currently I am trying to recover from a very long and financially ugly divorce, so picking one up is really not in the cards for me at the moment, even if I could justify it as a business expense.

Still, I would love to get my hands on one and shoot the heck out of it. One of these days!

User Tag List