Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pic of your favorite Glock

Pic of your favorite Glock

This morning, I was looking at a Glock that I put together, marveling at all the stuff you can do to a Glock, and thinking we need a thread where you post a picture of your favorite Glock, and explain what you did. Since most of us probably have a number of favorite Glocks, limit should be one submission per calendar year, meaning you have another shot in just a few months!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Here is my fav, at least this week.

Name:  IMG_5071.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  97.0 KB

Gen 5 19, Boresight duty lower with sharp checkering, Apex trigger, dot connector, LTT grip thingee, slightly extended OEM mag release. Iron sight upper with Maple Leaf Duty cut, Holosun 407CO with lower height BUIS rear in front of the optic, Mayhem barrel and comp.

I’m way too pedestrian when it comes to Perfection. I only own one; a box stock 48.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    I’m way too pedestrian when it comes to Perfection. I only own one; a box stock 48.
    What happened to "two is one...."

Glock 20.4. Direct milled for Acro P2 by ATEI, with Shimsight.

Name:  IMG_0529.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  42.8 KB

Name:  G20.4 Acrop2.jpg
Views: 1042
Size:  56.4 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Name:  IMG_8375.jpg
Views: 1099
Size:  71.0 KB
    Boresight G47 mos with FCD Acro plate and lens shield, Apex trigger with dot connector , Wolf reduced power striker spring, Tango Down Vickers plug/tool, SF X300 turbo and 10-8 performance mos sights. That rounds out “today’s” favorite Glock

My one and only. Early 2nd with our old 300 yard steel plate, an ancient large truck diff cover, or whats left of it. On the good days and when i was shooting it a fair amount the gun would do 6-7/10 two handed, 3-4/10 one handed with walmart WWB ammo, about all Ive ever shot in it other than a very limited amount of better grade carry loads. I put factory night sights on it courtesy of a kind soul on the forum but its otherwise unchanged. I was well into my mostly one handed shooting habit, and mostly at this spot. The majority of rounds Ive shot in it were 200-300 yards one handed.

Name:  g19 and old plate.jpg
Views: 1026
Size:  95.4 KB

The one time I tried the 600 yard plate with it I made 1/10, but was cheating, I was kneeling and had someone with a scope spotting and calling the hits so i could walk them in. Picture was at the plate lookng back to the shooting spot, the rock on the skyline.

Name:  Shooting spot 600 back.jpg
Views: 1028
Size:  100.9 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    What happened to "two is one...."
    If I were carrying it, I’d definitely have two. But, I primarily carry a SiG P-225a1 (a wonderful pistol, not to be confused with the P-225).

If I go back to OWB strong side, I’ll likely go back to the 48.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    This morning, I was looking at a Glock that I put together, marveling at all the stuff you can do to a Glock, and thinking we need a thread where you post a picture of your favorite Glock, and explain what you did. Since most of us probably have a number of favorite Glocks, limit should be one submission per calendar year, meaning you have another shot in just a few months!
    Name:  g19.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  66.8 KB

As it turns out, I havn't taken many pics of this.

Plain late gen 3 G19. Took down the finger grooves. Put on Talon rubberized grip wrap. Done no other shaping or mods to the grip. Factory smooth trigger. Lone Wolf barrel, for shooting lead bullets, and I just leave that in. Tau SCD. Came to me with night sights, that are pretty old by now. Vickers magazine release. Came to me with a factory extended slide release. I don't remember if I swapped that for standard, or not.

Tried the minus connector/NY1 combo that the Innernetz recommends, took it off right away. "Didn't feel right."

I really should shoot that more.

ok I will play....

Gen 4 G17, did this project right before the Gen 5 came out.

My plastic surgeon who has sadly retired from this stuff did his wonderfully smooth trigger guard undercut, then welded on a factory medium beavertail backstrap before he cut the grip to accept G19 magazines but he left me a lip that dips below the G19 base at the rear. That has effectively given me the feel of the LTT grip plug extension before such device existed. His 360 stipple pattern is absolute Goldilocks, not too harsh but rough enough to insure a very firm grip even when very wet. When I see the guy he still asks if I still have his "masterpiece" and tells me to be sure my wife has a note to call him when the estate sale happens so he can reclaim it.

Holosun 407CO direct milled by Nameless Armament. Internally all factory, with factory - connector. Second slide has Ameriglo Agent sights, since I figure about 5-6 years after the nuclear war I will run out of 1632 batteries and prefer that setup. Even now if I am headed to the woods on a rainy day I would ditch the optic slide and put that one on instead.

Of course SCD on each slide.

Name:  gen 14 17 19 grip.jpg
Views: 963
Size:  39.9 KB
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

User Tag List