Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round UP 18 to 20-November-2023

Pat Rogers Memorial Revolver Round UP 18 to 20-November-2023

Folks:

Just a reminder that this year's Pat Roger's Memorial Revolver Round Up will be held at Gunsite Academy in Paulden Arizona the weekend before Thanksgiving. The dates are 18 to 20-November-2023. Here is a link if you want to register: https://www.gunsite.com/classes/pat-...lver-round-up/. This has also been posted in the Pistol Classes subforum, but I wanted to get the word out here.

The event is being honcho'ed by Dagga Boy and Wayne Dobbs. I have been asked to teach several blocks on FBI revolver stuff and am looking forward to the social aspect as much as the teaching end of things. In my discussions with Dagga Boy and Wayne, they describe this as a relaxed teaching/social event that both memorializes Pat and preserves the collective knowledge of those who fought with sixguns. The class structure is different from most classes in that there are a number of highly regarded instructors who will teach on various aspects of the revolver. There are still slots available, so if you are interested, please register at the link above. Thanks to Dagga Boy, Wayne, the other instructors and the kind folks at Gunsite for putting all of this together.

If there is a "social" season for sixgunners, this is probably the highlight of it. It will be good to spend time remembering Pat and shooting sixguns. I hope to see many of you there. In the interim, safe travels,

Bruce
    Last edited by Sig_Fiend; 09-28-2023 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Fixed link
    Bruce Cartwright
    Owner & chief instructor-SAC Tactical
    E-mail: "info@saconsco.com"

This will be my fourth and I look forward to seeing everyone.
    Semper Paratus,

Steve

Site Supporter
    I’m definitely starting to get excited, of course the tough thing is all the blocks DB talked about sound great so the hard thing is picking which ones to take!

Just signed up for round three yesterday, looking forward to it...
    "So strong is this propensity of mankind, to fall into mutual animosities, that where no substantial occasion presents itself, the most frivolous and fanciful distinctions have been sufficient to kindle their unfriendly passions, and excite their most violent conflicts." - James Madison, Federalist No 10

Quote Originally Posted by MolonLabe416 View Post
    This will be my fourth and I look forward to seeing everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by sharps54 View Post
    I’m definitely starting to get excited, of course the tough thing is all the blocks DB talked about sound great so the hard thing is picking which ones to take!
    Quote Originally Posted by rcbusmc24 View Post
    Just signed up for round three yesterday, looking forward to it...
    Folks:

Glad to see all of you signing up. Let's make it a point of connecting at this year's shoot so we can all put faces with names. As to the list of classes, DB has a plan in the works for registrations, but you are right there are so many interesting classes, it will be hard to pick.

My travel plans are evolving but there is a distinct possibility that I will drive to Gunsite. If that happens, I suspect we will recreate Pat's famous black Death Star!

Bruce
    Last edited by Sig_Fiend; 10-15-2023 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote
    Bruce Cartwright

Site Supporter
    I signed up for my classes, it was tough picking them. Looking forward to it. It will be good putting faces with names. I'm driving as well.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

I will look forward to meeting you and your son there, Mr. Cartwright!

I'll be the one with the N-frames and cigars.

At this point, there should be a jelly emoji...whatever that is, its me.

Quote Originally Posted by MDFA View Post
    I signed up for my classes, it was tough picking them. Looking forward to it. It will be good putting faces with names. I'm driving as well.
    MDFA:
    No kidding! I looked at the schedule and it is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I will look forward to meeting you and your son there, Mr. Cartwright!

I'll be the one with the N-frames and cigars.
    Serious Student:

Likewise! The Cartwrights will probably be packing Ruger sixguns, although I may bring an S&W Model 19....(Mainly to drive DB nuts_)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    At this point, there should be a jelly emoji...whatever that is, its me.
    Gun Mutt:

Agreed!

See all of you in a few weeks! Safe travels,

Bruce
    Bruce Cartwright

Site Supporter
    I’m flying in so I’m just bringing a 4” Model 10 and a J frame, haven’t decided which yet. I’m tempted to substitute my Taurus 856 2” Ultralight for the J frame since it shares speedloaders with the K frame. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone.

User Tag List