Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: K9 Sticker on Vehicle as Deterrent

Never use your vehicle as an advertisement for anything.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Thanks fellas, I'll scrap the whole idea. It was good to run the idea by everyone, and thanks for showing me another perspective

Its been covered pretty well already.

I wouldnt have any stickers, but usually had my dogs with me whenever the weather was cooperative. They would watch for me to come back, if someone came close to my vehicle they jumped up to the window to see who it was, Ive seen people be very startled at the sudden appearance of a large dog or two right by them when walking by the vehicle.

I later added a window AC unit and small generator in a cargo box on the back for summer travel and taking the dog around town. No stickers, just the dogs. The window wasnt open quite as much when stopped, not enough to reach in and unlock it.

Name:  IMG_0257.jpg
Views: 630
Size:  63.0 KB
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Site Supporter
    My Mal has been a house dog since 9 weeks, also when he started learning obedience, tracking and bitework.

From the week he was born until he came home with me he had a horse spooking CD on repeat 24/7, and then he spent a couple o years spending the night in my POV parked across the street from the local Trauma Center. Lots of random sirens, gunshots, and helo flights...

My guy is incredibly confident, and calm. A burglar would get no warning before being bit.

Even with the dog in the car, there is no reason to believe he would prevent the breaking and entering part of the crime. The other elements of burglary would likely have biological evidence...😛😄😜🤪🤣

pat

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    You would be better off with what I occasionally use to cover up something in my vehicle. (Only when I can't put the item/s out of sight in a trunkless vehicle and I have no other choice.)
    When I first bought a house I put an orange coroner crime scene investigation sticker on the front door. I took it off when it scared the shit out of a delivery driver.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    Its been covered pretty well already.

I wouldnt have any stickers, but usually had my dogs with me whenever the weather was cooperative. They would watch for me to come back, if someone came close to my vehicle they jumped up to the window to see who it was, Ive seen people be very startled at the sudden appearance of a large dog or two right by them when walking by the vehicle.

I later added a window AC unit and small generator in a cargo box on the back for summer travel and taking the dog around town. No stickers, just the dogs. The window wasnt open quite as much when stopped, not enough to reach in and unlock it.

What kind of window AC unit? Normal house one?

If you don't mind sharing I'd be interested in pictures of your setup.

Some years ago I looked at the doghouse AC units as a possibility with ether small generator or big battery bank for Rooftop tent or camping in 3/4 or 1 ton Van.

Idea with the Van was ether really big alternator or dual alternators to charge up AGM battery bank under RV style Table/bed while driving supplemented by roof solar panels.

Quote Originally Posted by G19Fan View Post
    Probably not as no barking. The popo stickers even feel like the are there for liability.

My friends who are K9 officers have morons approaching the cars all the time even with stickers (to look at dog in cage)
    The stickers are 100% for liability. They’re for other cops too. I’ve seen cops start to open doors on K9 cars to put a prisoner in it. Thankfully they got vehemently told to stop. The stickers and the barking dog inside going crazy are blues clues.

I wouldn’t put a a sticker like that on my car unless I actually had an insert and a dog inside. But you’d need to leave the engine running for the AC and have an alarm system with a cut out switch.

As others have said it’d be a no go for me.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Dov View Post
    What kind of window AC unit? Normal house one?

If you don't mind sharing I'd be interested in pictures of your setup.

Some years ago I looked at the doghouse AC units as a possibility with ether small generator or big battery bank for Rooftop tent or camping in 3/4 or 1 ton Van.

Idea with the Van was ether really big alternator or dual alternators to charge up AGM battery bank under RV style Table/bed while driving supplemented by roof solar panels.
    Yes, a small house window AC unit, 5000 BTU. I used one from dads house first, it required a hard start capacitor piggybacked on the run capacitor to allow the little Honda generator to start the compressor while on ECO mode and use less fuel. It was an unknown quantity as far as how many seasons or hours on it and wasnt getting quite as cold, so I bought a new AC unit 1 or 2 years ago, it didnt require the extra capacitor.

I just googled window AC in vehicle, both pictures and the all choices. You get lots of pictures of real hillbilly stuff and some pretty good installs. The RV, van and boat people figured this stuff out, I just cherry picked what would work for me. Theres nice clean small generator mounts on the rear hitch, with the ac in a rear van or suburban window, and all sort of variations, a cut out in the rear door below the window on van or suburban, etc. I chose the right rear window as simplest for my use. It takes about 20 minutes to install in the spring and a little less to remove in the fall.

I researched various ways to power it, the simplest and most all around reliable and instantly available on demand seemed to be the honda generator. I get about 6 hours on a gallon of fuel running the AC. It allows me to take the dog running around town and not worry, I mostly just start it either at home or the first stop and let it run til done or home. Its good until the mid 90s, then not quite as cold, youd have to check your vehicle to see how well it works to cool above low to mid 90s. Mine was fine for shorter stops, just not for longer periods.

Nobody broke a window to save the dog, but i put a large face outdoor thermometer inside so ti could be seen and know it wasnt hot. Most people figured out what it was for. Lots of laughs, quite a few curious about it. Many walk by and just sort of curious what the humming noise is. Some dont seem to notice at all. Its pretty quiet on eco mode.

Heres pictures and an earlier rundown. https://bushcraftusa.com/forum/threa...ehicle.228995/
    “Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    When I first bought a house I put an orange coroner crime scene investigation sticker on the front door. I took it off when it scared the shit out of a delivery driver.
    Forever I have wanted to put a human chalk outline with Jehovah Witnesses pamphlets scattered about near my front door.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Forever I have wanted to put a human chalk outline with Jehovah Witnesses pamphlets scattered about near my front door.
    Sounds like a great Halloween decoration.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List