Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Testing Unconventional Revolver Reload Methods

Testing Unconventional Revolver Reload Methods

I had been meaning to do this video for a while, but am finally now getting around to it. Basically, the idea is to take three different methods of reloading a revolver: Tuff Products Quick Strips+NEOMag RASC, a Zeta-6 K-Pak, and the new Dark Star Gear Immediate Action Clips and put them on the clock. I wanted to test two specific but different measures: which is fastest to get a gun fully loaded with 6 rounds, and which is fastest to get just two rounds into the gun?

Full video here:

Site Supporter
    @jetfire - Whose dummy rounds are those? I'd like to get some.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @jetfire - Whose dummy rounds are those? I'd like to get some.
    Those are ST Action Pro rounds and they're on Amazon.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Those are ST Action Pro rounds and they're on Amazon.
    Thanks!
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Good video Caleb!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    That is an informative video.

Based on the results, if one prefers a revolver, the advantages of carrying speedloaders whenever possible is significant. I recognize that carrying speedloaders is often problematic depending on temperature and dress code. Having this type of evaluation of the alternatives is helpful.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    That is an informative video.

Based on the results, if one prefers a revolver, the advantages of carrying speedloaders whenever possible is significant. I recognize that carrying speedloaders is often problematic depending on temperature and dress code. Having this type of evaluation of the alternatives is helpful.
    I've gotten some feedback that I'm going to work into a follow up video where I work a reload with a speed loader from a pocket with both the strong and weak hand techniques to see were that compares, as well as a moon clip reload.

Site Supporter
    I've gotten some feedback that I'm going to work into a follow up video where I work a reload with a speed loader from a pocket with both the strong and weak hand techniques to see were that compares, as well as a moon clip reload.
    That is a good idea. It might be worth considering comparing a speedloader loose in a pocket verses speedloaders carried in an Aholster Backtrian.

https://aholster.com/aholster-bactrian/
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Caleb, great video-thanks for the test. FWIW, for my EDC revolver carry (which will be for either my 4" Security Six or 4" GP100), I'll normally use an older, discontinued Tactical Tailor cell phone case, which will hold 3 HKS or Comp 2 speedloaders, or 2 Comp 3 speedloaders, and one Galco 2X2X2 pouch, holding a Speed Strip, upsidedown at either the 11 o'clock or 1 o'clock position on my belt.

Alternatively, I'll use a single steel Safariland CD-2 speedloader, flipped so that it'll be worn between belt and pants, holding 1 speedloader (normally a Comp 2 or HKS) and the Galco 2x2x2 holding a Speed Strip.

One thing I plan on experimenting with is using a smaller Tactical Tailor cell phone pouch holding a 6 round Speed Strip, but with the Speed Strip loaded with only 4 rounds, using the spacing technique Caleb displays with his strip, and a 6 round loaded Speed Strip in the Galco 2x2x2 pouch.

Or any of the above combined as I feel situationally best...

Best, Jon
    Sponsored by Check-Mate Industries and BH Spring Solutions
    Certified Glock Armorer

I had been meaning to do this video for a while, but am finally now getting around to it. Basically, the idea is to take three different methods of reloading a revolver: Tuff Products Quick Strips+NEOMag RASC, a Zeta-6 K-Pak, and the new Dark Star Gear Immediate Action Clips and put them on the clock. I wanted to test two specific but different measures: which is fastest to get a gun fully loaded with 6 rounds, and which is fastest to get just two rounds into the gun?
    Great stuff boss...

User Tag List