Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Testing Unconventional Revolver Reload Methods

Caleb, are you going to incorporate some of this into your presentations at Revolver Roundup?

Looking forward to seeing you in Arizona next month!

Good presentation! I really like the Dark Star Gear Immediate Action Clip. As the presentation indicates, it is a modern interpretation of the 2x2x2 ammo carrier, which I have long liked. Those of us who have used a row of leather cartridge loops, and known the expediency of loading two at a time, will also recognize the utility of the Immediate Action Clip, which is simply a thermo-molded, two-round cartridge loop carrier, that will not grow mold in the hideously humid Gulf Coast climate.

A belt carrier for the Zeta loader would enhance its utility, for those who wear belts.

Back to the Immediate Action Loader: This option means that no live ammo is dropped, during a load-two-and-fire scenario, when there is no time to load all of the cartridges in the strip/loader. Not that it is a mortal sin to drop ammo, during a typical short street fight, in most of the USA, but, if using strips and other rubber/plastic loaders, I need to carry more of them, to be sure of ammo logistics in a longer-running scenario. Unless, of course, the “plastic loader” is an IABG, an Immediate Action Baby Glock.
    Last edited by Rex G; 10-08-2023 at 10:30 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    @jetfire - Whose dummy rounds are those? I'd like to get some.
    Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    Those are ST Action Pro rounds and they're on Amazon.
    Just a heads up, I picked up some of the 9mm version a couple of years ago and some of them have had the plastic insert pull out of the cases leaving the plastic "bullet" stuck in the barrel. Not a huge deal if using for dry fire or in a revolver I suppose, but could be...problematic if being used for ball and dummy drills in a semi.

Also, if you shoot any nickle plated ammo it's hard to tell if there's a live or dummy round in the chamber with just a press check.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    Just a heads up, I picked up some of the 9mm version a couple of years ago and some of them have had the plastic insert pull out of the cases leaving the plastic "bullet" stuck in the barrel. Not a huge deal if using for dry fire or in a revolver I suppose, but could be...problematic if being used for ball and dummy drills in a semi.

Also, if you shoot any nickle plated ammo it's hard to tell if there's a live or dummy round in the chamber with just a press check.
    I agree 100% about the case, which interestingly is why I don't recommend these same dummy rounds for semi-auto training. For a revolver though, they're closer to a "real" weight since it's a proper nickel case, but preserves the "obviously not a real round" thanks to the orange primer and projectile.

Site Supporter
    I agree 100% about the case, which interestingly is why I don't recommend these same dummy rounds for semi-auto training. For a revolver though, they're closer to a "real" weight since it's a proper nickel case, but preserves the "obviously not a real round" thanks to the orange primer and projectile.
    I got some of them in .38 Special and 12 gauge, haven't worked with them yet but that'll happen soon.
    "Everything in life is really simple, provided you don’t know a f—–g thing about it." - Kevin D. Williamson

Warning - be prepared for a pedantic whine.

The piece of gear I designed and sells from Dark Star Gear is called the Immediate Action Carrier, not clip. I know, I know. Totally minor thing. I did warn everyone I was about to be pedantic. But it does have a specifc name.

Here endeth my childish-ness
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Warning - be prepared for a pedantic whine.

The piece of gear I designed and sells from Dark Star Gear is called the Immediate Action Carrier, not clip. I know, I know. Totally minor thing. I did warn everyone I was about to be pedantic. But it does have a specifc name.

Here endeth my childish-ness
    I got clips on the brain

At least I didn't call it an Immediate Action Magazine? ;-)

I got clips on the brain

At least I didn't call it an Immediate Action Magazine? ;-)

And I don't have to be so petty! LOL In my defnse, this has been in development for about 4 years, and I may be a tad too attached to it...............

@Cecil Burch, is there any way the IAC can be had in an easy on/easy off version in the future? I need to be able to take them off/put them on before getting out of a vehicle depending on where I am during the day.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Quote Originally Posted by awp_101 View Post
    @Cecil Burch, is there any way the IAC can be had in an easy on/easy off version in the future? I need to be able to take them off/put them on before getting out of a vehicle depending on where I am during the day.

I suppose it may be possible. However, first we have to get through about 6 variants/calibers first before we think about any major changes. Second, we will need to make sure anything like that can be manufactured easily and without substantially raisning costs, and finally, that going to a differnet attachment system does not impede the current level of concealability or spped of access.

Give us about a year and we may have time to look into it.

User Tag List