Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “New” totally not a stock pistol stabilizer

“New” totally not a stock pistol stabilizer

Presented without comment…

Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

"It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Ahh, the next brace. One definition of attach is to join together, and, IMO, that definitely joins together. Wouldn't want to be the test case.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

That looks pretty easy to 3d print.... Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Ahh, the next brace. One definition of attach is to join together, and, IMO, that definitely joins together. Wouldn't want to be the test case.
    I'm pretty sure I saw an ATF letter a couple years ago which said that they don't consider it a stock if the shooter's grip pressure is the only thing keeping it joined to the gun. But then, we all know how reliable ATF letters are.

I had a chance to hold one of these not-a-stocks at the ARFCOM Gunstock meet last weekend and wasn't very impressed. Not any slight on the product itself, but because of the larger problem that stocked pistols are dumb. I'm talking about actual service pistol-sized pistols, not really-a-rifle-but-lacking-a-true-buttstock "pistols".

^^^There is that. If you can’t get hits with an optic-equipped 1911, then a weird ass stock thingy isn’t going to help.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

There has been an Austrian version kicking around for awhile.
    It also is less Strike Industries in appearance.
    https://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/A...OL-8p10390.htm

There was one of these in the 1970s for revolvers. I remember the ads in Guns and Ammo. Grip pressure held it to the revolver.

I recall a similar product from the 90’s. Mark White at SoundTech silencers used to make them.

https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....hey-classified
    Last edited by jandbj; 09-27-2023 at 06:59 AM.

$125 is a pretty high markup for a $2 piece of plastic. I'm betting on a flood of $25 3D printed versions killing this company within a year.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List