Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reality of Modern Criminal Attacks

The Reality of Modern Criminal Attacks

Very interesting article by the Gorillafritz (Greg Ellifritz).

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...iminal-attacks
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

This story is in the queue for my business FB page:
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/ch...EKr4euz7HQibow
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Avoid areas where feral humans roam.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Greg asks what I'd feel if I shot a 12 year old robber?
    Recoil.

Many prosecutors aren’t interested in filing charges against the violent kids who attacked your or stole your stuff. They won’t hesitate a bit to prosecute you if you make what they perceive is an unreasonable self defense decision.
    I'd even go as far as to note that it's very likely that the defender will be pilloried in the media as an evil racist extremist looking to kill little minority children who are engaged in some harmless & good-natured hijinks. The actual facts won't matter- it's the desire to build a narrative that really counts.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

This seems to be trending around here. You get rear ended, get out of your car and get carjacked.

https://komonews.com/news/local/woma...oma-west-alert
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    I'd even go as far as to note that it's very likely that the defender will be pilloried in the media as an evil racist extremist looking to kill little minority children who are engaged in some harmless & good-natured hijinks. The actual facts won't matter- it's the desire to build a narrative that really counts.
    At that point. Your social media better be on point. Even a off color meme is gonna get you killed in the streets of public opinion by social media/ news media ninjas.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderland View Post
    This seems to be trending around here. You get rear ended, get out of your car and get carjacked.

https://komonews.com/news/local/woma...oma-west-alert
    And the take away?

"Police have not reported any arrests from these staged car jackings."
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by camel View Post
    At that point. Your social media better be on point. Even a off color meme is gonna get you killed in the streets of public opinion by social media/ news media ninjas.
    Even then, "show me the man and I'll show you the crime" is a potential issue even with a spotless social media record. If they want to make you into a bad guy, they'll do so. Even if they have to basically make things up via the usual deceptive tricks.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    And the take away?

"Police have not reported any arrests from these staged car jackings."
    And the irony is a person can be charged for shooting a carjacker, except possibly in Louisiana.

https://journals.library.wustl.edu/u...ey/25206/view/

My question is how is one supposed to know what the carjackers intent is? Is he going to take you hostage or injure/kill you in the process of stealing your car?

Personally, if I see a weapon the lead starts flying. I'm not suggesting that would be appropriate for everyone in all situations in all parts of the country.

I'm reading some reports that carjackers actually shoot it out with police. That is a desperate carjacker or in some cases, carjackers.

Reminds me of robbing banks a hundred years ago before that became a losing bet.
    Last edited by Borderland; 09-26-2023 at 07:30 PM.
    In the P-F basket of deplorables.

User Tag List