Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry - When you use your BUG as a Primary gun

Pocket Carry - When you use your BUG as a Primary gun

For those guys that carry a small revolver as a BUG in the support side pocket, do you switch to a strong side pocket when the BUG becomes your Rule#1 gun?

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    For those guys that carry a small revolver as a BUG in the support side pocket, do you switch to a strong side pocket when the BUG becomes your Rule#1 gun?
    Yes

Site Supporter
    My BUG is always carried in my SS front pocket.

I did before deciding that was an annoyance and changed to just dumping the BUG in my strongside pocket all the time with a knife for the support hand weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    My BUG is always carried in my SS front pocket.
    #metoo I had the impression alot of guys had their BUG in the weak-side pocket

No.

That BUG remains a BUG, in that location. I'm a strong believer in consistency. My strong side pocket houses a bunch of other stuff.

A different weapon becomes primary....perhaps carried in a different place.

The exception is lounging at home, I usually have a micro .380 in my strong-side pocket.
    "It's surprising how often you start wondering just how featureless a desert some people's inner landscapes must be."
    -Maple Syrup Actual

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    #metoo I had the impression alot of guys had their BUG in the weak-side pocket
    They probably do. I look at the second gun more the way DB does. I don't necessarily think of it as a BUG, more as a smaller primary. If I'm out and about in public, I appear to be non-threatening standing around with my right hand in my pocket. That's my call it 2-7 yard quick reaction option. Or my hand to my wife option. My primary is for the threat I see ahead of time/at distance or the one I'm searching for. A RAT or NorthmanX is my OSS go to.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    They probably do. I look at the second gun more the way DB does. I don't necessarily think of it as a BUG, more as a smaller primary. If I'm out and about in public, I appear to be non-threatening standing around with my right hand in my pocket. That's my call it 2-7 yard quick reaction option. Or my hand to my wife option. My primary is for the threat I see ahead of time/at distance or the one I'm searching for. A RAT or NorthmanX is my OSS go to.
    Same here: one gun is AIWB, the other is right pocket. Even if I'm carrying two small guns, I like the accessibility of AIWB seated and the surprise factor of pocket carry.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Whitlock View Post
    No.

That BUG remains a BUG, in that location. I'm a strong believer in consistency. My strong side pocket houses a bunch of other stuff.

A different weapon becomes primary....perhaps carried in a different place.

The exception is lounging at home, I usually have a micro .380 in my strong-side pocket.
    That’s what I do as well. Pocket revolver for me goes weak side pocket.

My LARP brain reasons it as it’s going to be a stealth deception draw and I usually have my phone or other stuff in my right hand that can be used to distract and hide the weak draw.

That’s how it plays out in my head, anyway.

(I’m pretty functional left handed drawing so that might also change the math for me versus others)

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Same here: one gun is AIWB, the other is right pocket. Even if I'm carrying two small guns, I like the accessibility of AIWB seated and the surprise factor of pocket carry.
    Same here. Off side is a Shivworks Disciple.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

User Tag List