Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket Carry - When you use your BUG as a Primary gun

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    For those guys that carry a small revolver as a BUG in the support side pocket, do you switch to a strong side pocket when the BUG becomes your Rule#1 gun?
    Usually. I try and do things lefty as much as I can so that my right stays free and can casually slip into the pocket should I see anything that gives me pause.
    3/15/2016

Site Supporter
    Back when I was using a 642 for pants pocket carry I made it all lefty all the time. In addition to reasons already mentioned part of my thinking was that it was also my back up plan to have a gun I had always used/carried left handed so that if I injured my right arm/hand I could just throw the snubby in my left pocket or appendix even and roll on, even if it wasn’t an optimal solution.

These days with cell phones getting bigger and what not I only pocket carry in a jacket from time to time when it’s cold and the other gun might be buried under some layers, but I still do it left handed.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

In the pic....those look a lot like BB wadcutters.....how potent are they in a 1 7/8 Bbl. ?

G43 in PCS Blackbird strong side pocket.
    Whether it's BUG or primary.

Name:  IMG_0804.jpg
Views: 269
Size:  32.0 KB

Site Supporter
    Since we have winter weather now, this has been my set up. Duluth pants with loads of big pockets. This leads to a G42 in the left front pocket (big and deep) in a DeSantis sticky, It fits very comfortably and easy to reach past my winter jacket. On the right side front pocket, there is a neat little change pocket that fits a G42 quite well and easy to get at. On the same pocket, there is a Delica. On the right front side cargo pocket below the main pocket, there's the smaller Surefire Defender that I posted in the EDC flashlight thread. I'm a lefty.

There's a wallet in the back right pocket. The back left pocket as a SWAT-T tourniquet. Car keys have a little Streamlight on them. Winter Jacket has a right side OC in that pocket.

Cell phone in a breast pocket, I have one of the smaller ones.

I could never get at my preferred G26 in real time with the winter jacket, so this is what I do. Sometimes I do carry it, if the weather allows an open jacket - not today though - pretty evil out.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post
    I always carried my J Frame BUG in my front left (off side/weak side) pocket when I worked plain clothes investigations. Now days if/when I carry it as a second gun, I carry it in the same spot. When it is carried as a primary I still do.

I tried switching it over to my strong side, but I found that I was so completely used to drawing and initially firing the J Frame with my left hand (as a right handed shooter) that I should just stick to what I had practiced for so many years. If time and the situation allowed me to switch hands to the right hand, that was fine, but I still carry it and draw from the left hand side and am 100% comfortable doing so.

That method and the old gun are just a natural part of how I do things, so I don't see any reason to change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    In the pic....those look a lot like BB wadcutters.....how potent are they in a 1 7/8 Bbl. ?
    @Dog Face Gremlin I assumed you were speaking of the loads in @Lost Rivers post. I would guess those are some his loadings.

Hmmm.....look like Buffalo Bore 150gr. wadcutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dog Face Gremlin View Post
    Hmmm.....look like Buffalo Bore 150gr. wadcutter.
    Looks to be a DEWC and yes BB is a manufacture of a DEWC. I would guess those are actually

https://www.lostriverammocompany.com...utters-100-RND

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    On the right side front pocket, there is a neat little change pocket that fits a G42 MAGAZINE quite well and easy to get at.
    Oops, left out it was for a mag.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Site Supporter
    I tried something different today, swapped my AIWB Macro for an LCR 9mm with spare moon clip in my left front pocket and a J frame in my right front pocket, 14 hour day, quite comfortable and adequate, filling my tank and gas cans at 5:30am through a day at work and stopping at the strip mall drugstore on the way home, options are a good thing.

User Tag List