Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Storing Holsters/mag pouches/mags etc.

Site Supporter

Storing Holsters/mag pouches/mags etc.

So, like many, I have multiple boxes of holsters/mag pouches, mags etc. I am endeavoring to organize a very modest work bench/work area in my unfinished basement.

Looking to organize/store the items above.

In the past, I have had then in plastic shoes boxes on a shelf, but that was not particularly space efficient.

As the basement is moist ( though de humidifier is going constantly) I am thinking about modest sterlite/Iris USA school supply/dorm room plastic drawer/carts etc. Leather in zip locks, kydex stays out. Mags probably in zip locks as well.

HAPPY to consider other options.

Thank you in advance.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

I use clear plastic Sterlite containers as well. Not sure how to get it more space efficient, but am open to suggestions. I don't see the plastic drawer carts as any more efficient than stacked containers, and containers can be moved separately.

Man, I always considered the use of the plastic Sterlitel/shoe box containers "leading edge" technology for such storage! Looking forward to alternative suggestions.

Site Supporter
    For once it looks like PF is saving me some money. Been trying to figure out better storage and was stupidly considering Milwaukee Packout type solutions which are total overkill for what I need.

Milk crates - you can stack them as they are stacked when delivering milk or lay them on their side. Stop at stores or other places where they are stacked outside and ask if you can 'borrow' a couple. We always say yes.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

For years now I have been using shoe organizers.

Both hung on the inside of closet doors and on walls in certain spots, I can have fast access to whatever holster or pouch I need and I can find what I am looking for much easier. I have my "Wall O' Sparks" and most used gear that I primarily draw from and then I have other stuff that goes into the shoe organizers that don't get as much use.

It is Lost River Couture!

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

Both hung on the inside of closet doors and on walls in certain spots, I can have fast access to whatever holster or pouch I need and I can find what I am looking for much easier. I have my "Wall O' Sparks" and most used gear that I primarily draw from and then I have other stuff that goes into the shoe organizers that don't get as much use.

Change your username to @Imelda?
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lost River View Post

It's beautiful!!!

Mid 90's we became very protective of our standard cap/high cap mags and I started carrying them to and from matches in the clear plastic tackle boxes to protect them instead of soft carriers. Turns out certain versions are a very efficient way to store magazines all the time. This Plano has become my favorite, mostly I can get 30 double stack mags in one.
    Support the Second Amendment Foundation and the Firearms Policy Coalition, join and give!

Quote Originally Posted by fatdog View Post
    Mid 90's we became very protective of our standard cap/high cap mags and I started carrying them to and from matches in the clear plastic tackle boxes to protect them instead of soft carriers. Turns out certain versions are a very efficient way to store magazines all the time. This Plano has become my favorite, mostly I can get 30 double stack mags in one.
    How much extra “wasted” space is left over after you fill it?

User Tag List